Legilimency

So I recently became addicted to Game of Thrones.... Yeah thats it. Alright! Alonz-y!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up the next morning in the hospital wing. My mouth felt much better and I think that my tounge was back to normal. So I sat up and looked around.

"You can go back to your dorm now. You're all better, but I don't want you to get into anymore fights, alright?" Madame Pomfry says from right next to me, which made me jump a bit.

"Thank you, professor." I say as I pull off my sheets.

After I changed I headed back to the Common Room. It was still early in the morning, about 6:00 I guessed, so everyone was still asleep. I managed to sneek into the girls dorm without waking anyone up. I just laid down in my bed and tried to take a short nap before I had to be up.

Sadly 15 minutes had passed and I couldn't sleep.

"Oh hell...." I say as I sit up. I got up and dressed rather quickly. Then I just went down to the common room and started to pace about the room. Then I just ploped right down in an armchair next to the wndow where the sun was just starting to rise over the Quidditch pitch and closed my eyes.

Well I have about an hour and a half to kill, so lets think of things. First, why can I see peoples thoughts? I've never heard of a witch or wizard who's ever been able to do that. Perhaps I've not looked hard enough for one. But even so, I didn't even think it was possible. My parents have never been able to do this, or at least, they've never told me about it. Maybe is skips generations or it's just something that I've developed on my own. I'll speak with Trelawny first. She just seems like the person who could know something about this. But what if she doesn't know what this magic is? Then.... I suppose my own head house could know something. Perhaps. I'll never know unless I ask.

Now second issue, why is it that people laugh about me a Joel? Wer'e just friends! Everyone knows that, I mean, really, how thick can people get?! Yeah, we hang out all the time, but thats only because most of the kids in Ravenclaw are rude and stuck up! I hang out with Joy and her friends and Harry and his friends too sometimes, but no one's made up a rumor about me and Demetri or Me and Ron... Though theres is that Harry one, which does make things uncomfortable between us. Damn you Rita Skeeter....

"Hey, what are you doing up so early?" I heard Joels voice come from the other armchair on the oposite side of me.  

I gasp a little and my eyes shoot right open. "Oh! Hi there!" I ask standing up. "What time is it?"

"It's 7:15." He says.

"Is this the usual time you wake up?" I ask.

"Well, yeah. Most of the time. I know that breakfast doesn't even start until 7;30, but I'm usually up earlier." He explains.

"Oh... Why?" I ask with sudden curiosity.

"The sunrise is really pretty." He says looking out the window. The sun was already out, but it was cloudly enough that it didn't blind you. Behind me, I could hear students shuffling around.

"Yeah, I suppose it is..." I say, "I haven't really been giving much thought to it. "I've had so many things to worry about, the sunrise doesn't seem to concern me anymore. Not as it used to..." I say solmnly.

"Have you been thinking about your parents again?" He asks. I cring alittle.

"Yes. Off and on. I try not to, though. It only brings me more nightmares..." I confess. "I'm still not sure what to do about it. I know that they're supporters of Vol-"