Riddles

"Hey Rem, I never asked. Did you ever ask Flitwick about Legilimency?" Joel asks.

It's only been three days after I found out about Joy and Malfoy. No matter how many times I say, "Oh it'll be okay, my best friend kissed someone thats good right?" But then I remember that it is my sworn enemy and I just want to punch someone.  

"Rem? Hello?"  

"What?!" I snap out of my thought.  

"Did you ever talk to Flitwick about Legilimency?" He asks again.  

"What? Oh, no... Sorry." I say quietly.  

"Alright, whats up?" He asks as he puts his book down. We're sitting next to the window in Ravenclaw tower again.  

"I," I began, "I shouldn't tell you...."  

"Rem who else are you going to tell? Clover?" He asks.  

"I can't tell anyone." I say glaring at him.  

"Why not?" He asks, "Is it something you saw?"  

"Yes. Something I should've never seen...." I confess.  

"Oh..." He says quietly. "Well, who's memory was it?"  

"I can't tell you-"  

"Wait it wasn't mine was it?" He asks this time with more concern.  

"No, Joel, I try not to look you in the eye so it doesn't-"  

Just as I'm saying this my eyes meet his and I saw what looks like a muggle school. Well from what I've seen in pictures in Muggle Studies. Joel is walking down a hallway in the school alone. Then someone in the hallway put their foot out and he fell, "Watch where you're going, freak!" With that Joel stood and slowly approached the boy who tripped him. "I'd be more careful of where you put your feet, Sasquatch."  

"Rem? Rem! Damn it what did you see?!" The real Joel says. I feel his arms shaking me softly. I blink a few times and shake my head.  

"Sorry, nothing."  

"What did you see? Don't tell me you didn't see anything you were staring at me for ten seconds," he says with a lot of concern in his voice.  

"But I didn't-"  

"Stop lying to me! I'm your friend, you should be able to trust me!" He says, "Just tell me."  

"You were bullied in a Muggle school. Thats it." I say calmly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the seat. "Where are we going?" I ask as he pulls me along the common room.  

"You're seeing Flitwick, now." Joel says. We approach a birch wood door with white marble pillars on either side. He knocks and the door opens. "Go on. Please get this sorted out."  

"Alright fine, but did you ever think that I enjoy seeing into peoples minds?" I ask before I step in his office. Before Joel has a chance to respond, the door shuts behind me.  

"Hello?" I ask casually. "Professor I have something I need to talk about."  

"Miss Mannings?" A squeaky voice says coming out from behind a book shelf. "Oh what's wrong, please have a seat."  

I approach the desk in the middle of the room. The wood is almost white and the chairs are almost like the ones in the common room only closer to the ground. The curtains in the room were also midnight blue with bronze embroidery on them. I sit across the desk and he sits in his chair on the other side.  

"Well, its sort of complicated..." I start when he nods my way, "but I suppose I'll just come out with it. Have you encountered a certain magic called Legilimency?"