Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Stacy and I sat in the cute little restaurant her father recommended. There were fishing nets all over the walls and little sea shells. We sat out on the deck over the sparkling ocean, as we ate.

"Your dad is so awesome stacy I wish I had a father like that!" I whined as I took another sip of my virgin strawberry drink.

"your dad must be an idiot to have left you and your mom y'all are the two coolest chicks ever! He's just lame." she smiled. She always made me laugh and that's why I loved her.

"We are pretty awesome aren't we? The three of us together could cause some one to overdose on to much awesome." I smiled.

"Psshhhtt it's impossible to have to much awesome, like fun it's impossible to have to much fun." she waved it off and giggled.

"I don't know I might end up with a heart attack when I'm sixty from playing to much air guitar."

She dropped her mouth and opened her eyes wide in mock shock.

"No one has ever died from playing air guitar! It's great for the soul."

We both laughed. We finished our dinner while laughing and joking I even stood up in my chair and sung happy birthday to her. We finally got back to the house where she started rushing around to get ready.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I sat on the couch watching her try to find her other shoe. She froze and smiled sheepishly before shrugging like it wasn't a big deal.

"Chris is coming to get me where going to the movies." I smiled happy for her when I remembered my own plans with Jake today. I scrambled up stairs to where I had left my phone and sure enough had a missed call and a message. I ignored the missed call and opened the message.

'Hey, cutie just was wondering if you still wanted to go out?' -Jake <3

'Yeah of course I'm getting ready right now you can go ahead and come on over if you want.' - Bikini Babe

I sat my phone down and ran to the bathroom I brushed my teeth twice and reapplied a little bit of mascara. After that I ran to my closet and took about thirty minutes trying to find the right out fit. I went to the bathroom to change and then studied my self in the mirror. I had a pair of blue Jean shorts on and a simple fitting green tank top on with a beaded yellow and green necklace. I know it shouldn't take that long to choose this outfit but hey I can't help it. I opened my bathroom door and almost screamed when I saw Jake standing by my bed looking at my phone.

"You scared me dang!" I laughed as I caught my breath.

He turned and was smiling wickedly and I didn't know exactly why.

"So you saved my name with a heart by it? How cute!" he talked in a baby voice when he said how cute which caused me to blush horribly.

I yanked my phone out of his hand before slipping my shoes on refusing to respond to that.

"Are we going?" I asked him. He stood up off my bed and walked Out to the car with me. It was only after we had been driving for about five minutes that he spoke.

"So you said you like animals right?" he was trying not to smile as he pulled up to the beach next to some one with a horse trailer.

"Yes I do?" I asked cautiously.

"Good" was all he said as he jumped out of the car and came around to open my door for me. I studied his face trying to figure out what he had up his sleeve this time. He took my hand in his causing all my thoughts to just float away on the ocean. We walked up to a woman with long curly red hair standing at the back of the horse trailer. I figured he just wanted to see them and honestly I did to, horses were my favorite animals.