Chapter 7~ First Dates

CHAPTER 7 ~ First Dates

Madison's POV

Date.

That one word that kept on running through my head over and over again.

Date.

Date.

Date.

Why can't I stop thinking about it? Why was I fussing over this date? Ugh. My brain hurts from thinking too much.

I flop down onto my bed and relax for a while. I close my eyes and enjoy the silence. Then my thoughts wonder to why Sean asked me out on a date. I think back to the day Sean asked me. It was just a typical day and we were hanging out and he awkwardly asked if we could go out on a date. And being me I agreed to the idea.

My history with dates isn't that great, you would practically say I've never been on an actual date before. And I've never ever had a real boyfriend.

I remember when I was 6 years old I liked Jeffery McMahon, we both liked building sandcastles but this didn't last very long when I made my mine he crushed it because anything that was better than his, he would break it.

When I was 10, Thomas Kings said 'I love you' to me and naturally I would say the same thing back. He was the boy who gave me my first kiss on the cheek but even then everything came with a price. So I had to choose between my love for Thomas and my love for lollipops, and naturally I went with the lollipops.

Then through my teenage years I didn't really go out with any guys, I would always stay at home or hang out with Summer and Chase.

My thoughts were everywhere. I was happy, excited at the same time nervous and a bit confused.

The only thing I knew that could take my mind off all these emotions was to dance.

I loved to dance.

When I was little I would always dance, when music was played and my mum used to film me and show my whole family.

Of course it's so embarrassing now.

The thing I loved about dance was that I could express my feelings and show who I really am. The greatest thing is, it's my secret. Nobody from school knows that I can dance they all think I'm a nobody,  just another nerd and an outcast.

I plopped off my bed and grabbed my drink bottle and headed towards the dance studio. Once I was inside I closed the door and put my bottle down on the ground.

I walked towards the music player and scrolled through the songs. What will I dance to, today? I finally came to a decision. I picked one of my favourite contemporary songs, To Build Home by The Cinematic Orchestra.

I pressed play and made my way to the middle of the dance floor.

I gracefully glided across the room doing mini turns and jumps into the air. My body moved in sync with the music. I leaped across the room and did a triple twirl in the air and landed onto the floor without falling over. I slowly lifted my leg into the air and held it in its position and slowly spin around. The song was coming to an end and I slowly lay my body on the floor and I rest my head on my arms.

I hear claps coming from the far end of the room. I lift my head and see Summer leaning against the door frame, smiling at me.

"Nervous." This was the first word that came out of her mouth and she was right, I was nervous. That the thing I loved about Summer she knew exactly how I felt about this date.

"Yep" I answered.

"Well, let’s get you ready for this date." And she grabbed my head and dragged me into my room.