Prologue

PROLOGUE

5 years ago.........

It was midsummer, the sun was bright, hot and probably going to give me skin cancer. It was the hottest day of summer so far. Summer, my best friend and I were out in my front yard throwing water bombs and spraying the hose on each other.

Summer has been my best friend ever since 1st grade. And she practically lives in my house because she is always over my house.

We were having fun but it was still hot. I had asked my older brother, Francisco to take Summer and I to the beach but he refused to take us because he was having 'quality time' with his girlfriend.

That's how Summer and I were stuck outside throwing water at each other. And you're probably wondering, why don't you stay inside the house where there is AC. Well unfortunately it over heated and broke and it won't get fixed until the end of the month.

While we were having our water fight, the house next door was sold and I guess a new family was moving in. It was really noisy with all the trucks moving in and out and loading stuff into the house.

In the distance I saw a boy around our age, he had sandy blonde hair and he had sun kissed skin. He was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. There was also a little girl and I assumed it was his sister and then there was a tall woman with long sandy blonde hair just like the boy. And obviously it was his mother but I didn't see his father in sight.

My thoughts were disrupted when Summer sprayed water to my face making water go up my nose. And well that was the high light of life.

"What was that for?" wiping my face with my towel.

"You were in your zone, again. I see you were staring at that boy over there." She says teasingly.

"No I wasn't. I was interested in my new neighbour?" That came out as more of a question than a statement.

"Sure you were. I bet you like or even love him already." She nudges me and wiggles her eyebrows.

"Were only thirteen, Summer. Way too young for love."

"Okay, whatever you say."

 "But the boy is kind of hot. Looking in a distance of course." I reassure Summer and maybe myself as well.

Summer swats her hand over my face. "Stop staring and drooling Mads, cause he's coming over."

"What?!" He can't come over I look like a wreck. My hair is all tangled and my fingers are all wrinkly. He probably won't like us and when school starts in probably be in the 'in' crowd and hang out with all the cool kids. Because at the end of the day I'm just a nerd and well he's probably the star quarterback, with a cheerleader girlfriend and a person that everybody will adore.

I prepare myself for death.

Summer drags me across the lawn and towards the boy.

She starts by saying "Hi, I'm Summer and this," she pulls me forward so stand next to her not behind her "is Madison my bestfriend but you can call her Madi."

Up close he even looks more astonishing then from afar. He has piercing blue eyes just like the sea. He is tall as well but only a inch or two above Summer and I.

"Hey, I'm Chase, I just moved next door with my mum and sister." He gives us a smile. I thought this guy couldn't get any better yet he surprises e with a killer smile that makes your heart melt inside.

Until this point I realised that I haven't said anything yet. I just hope when I speak that my voice doesn't go all squeaky.

"Um, since you're new, um would you like us, um maybe show you around?" My voice was all pitchy and high. Great I blew my chance of actually making friends with this guy.

"Uh, yeah sure but I just need to check with my mum." I just nodded and he ran off into his house. In a matter of 2 minutes he was back, standing in the exact spot.

"So, where are we going?" We start walking down the pathway.

"The ice-cream shop and then to the beach." I answer more confident than before.

He answers with one simple word, "Cool."

The day turned out pretty good. We went to the ice-cream shop and ordered our favourite flavours and surprisingly I had a lot in common with Chase. After that we went to the beach and splashed in the water and built sandcastles. It was the best day of the summer.

I guess if my brother didn't take us to the beach I would have met Chase and hang out with him and become friends.

From then on Chase became closer and gradually became my bestfriend who would do anything for each other. Yet there was only the tiniest problem that kind of ruined everything, he was the biggest player at school and I was just a nerd that no one ever cared about.

We may be different but that's what made us inseparable. We were like yin and yang, the opposites but we both needed each other to create the perfect harmony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed the prologue because this is the first time my friends and I are writing a book. Please leave a comment and vote.

Thank you

 timothyjrt ♥♥♥

PS. VOTE

PPS. COMMENT