Chapter 14: Finding Maddie

Er-kay So this is the 2nd to last chapter. There's one more after this and then an epilogue.

Chapter 14: Finding Maddie

~Aria

**********************************************************************************************************************

Recap:

I asked the driver to wait for me. My intentions were to walk in and to ask what room he was staying in. But that all changes when I see a familiar blonde headed girl.

"Maddie!" I yell towards her, speed walking. She turns to me and I recognize the innocent face of hers.

"Liam!" She yells back. Now I start running towards her when I notice the man behind her. He slaps her head and forces her into a car, getting in beside her.

"NO! LIAM!" I hear her cry for help. I run faster, nearly tripping as I go. The car, or should I say limo, starts to take off. Now I'm on full speed. The limo is getting farther and I run as fast as I can. I trip over myself and fall on the road, my hands breaking my fall. The limo goes out of sight and I quickly pick myself up, running back towards the taxi. Once I reach it, I rapidly go in, slamming the car door.

"Follow that limo!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Maddie's P.O.V

"Your so going to get it later." Mr. Maunier threatens me.

I gulp again. I feel like there's a big lump in my throat. Probably from all my screaming and yelling. My life is so not how I pictured it would turn out. I always thought that my life would be like one in the movies.

The family is completely perfect. The mother stays at home an cleans. The father supports the family and the parents never fight; the children don't fight either. Me and Jacob never really fought. Of course we did once or twice, but not excessively. We always apologized in the end.

But look what I got. Dead parents. A dead brother. A famous British boy band as my adoptive father...s? Hey. I just noticed that I never chose a guy to become my legal father. ( A/N Remember that from ABOD? ) Well that doesn't really matter now does it?

I wanted to be a pediatrician. I have goals....had. I wanted to have a husband with 3 kids and a perfect house. A perfect life. But I guess nothing is perfect about the world huh?

We arrive at some sort of abandoned warehouse. Mr. Maunier drags me out of the limo and through the rusty doors of the run down building. I pick myself up and follow him willingly, his hand still gripped around my jacket.

He guides me to a room in the back and throws me in there, locking it. I press my ear up to the door and listen to him speak.

"Come now. The man saw her, he's coming. Just kill him when you see him."

"NO! DON'T TOUCH HIM!" I yell as my fists pound against the door. It swings open, knocking me over. Mr. Maunier grabs my neck, standing me up and lifting me up the ground. I make choking noises as he speaks.

"If you even breathe loudly, I can promise you that little man of yours will be dead before you can say 'Help'." He lets go of my neck, sending me to the floor, gagging and coughing.

He leaves the room, slamming the door. The room I'm in is completely empty, rust plastered on the walls and door. I turn my head quickly when I hear his call.

"Maddie?!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Liam's P.O.V