8. Niklaus

~Katherine~

                           "Yes, I found her. She's at the boarding house...with them." I said to Klaus through the phone.  

                           "Good. Now, bring her to me. She will be the vampire sacrifice. It's decided." Klaus ordered. I could hear amusement in his voice. 

                            "Yes, Klaus. I will." I said, hanging up the phone. Oh god. She's going to be the sacrifice. Kathleen is going to be the sacrifice. I can't go through with this. I have to tell her.....

              ~Kathleen~

                        I sighed as I laid on the couch reading Emily Bennett's journal. Oh how I miss her dearly. Emily was kind of like the mother I never had. But, now she's gone and all I have is Katherine. I don't even call that soulless hoe "mom" anymore. That's how much I hate her. Now she's the evil, slut bitch who only loved herself. As far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell. 

           "What're ya' reading?" A voice said from behind. Damon.

           "Er, nothing." I lied. I was a terrible liar.

          "Oh, really? Then what's that diary doing in your hand that you were just "nothing-ing" about?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. Crap. 

         "Ugh. Fine. I was reading Emily Bennett's journal. Happy now?" I admitted. 

         "I knew it! But, what does Emily have to do with you?" He asked, sitting down and putting my feet on his lap. 

         "Nothing, Damon. Nothing at all." I said, shaking my head. He looked at me confusingly. "So, what's the buzz going on about Elena and Prissy Pants?" I asked, changing the subject. He shrugged. "I'm gonna do some research on hybrids. See how powerful they are and stuff." I said, sitting down at my desk. I stowed my bag and turned the computer on. There was unread files to tend to. I drummed my fingers on my desk as I waited for my decrepit computer to wheeze awake; they snapped against the desk, staccato and anxious.

               And then his fingers were on mine, holding them still.

                "A little impatient today, are we?" he muttered.

            I looked up, intending to make a sarcastic mark, but his face was closer than I'd expected. His dark eyes were smoldering, just inches away, and his breath was cool against my open lips. I could taste his scent on my tongue.

                I couldn't remember the witty response I'd been about to make. I couldn't even remember my name. He didn't give me a chance to recover though.

               If I had my way, I would spend the majority of my time kissing Damon. There wasn't anything I'd experienced in my life compared to the feeling of his cool lips moving with mine. I didn't often get my way.

            So it surprised me a little when his fingers braided themselves into my hair, securing my face to his. My arms locked around his neck, and I wished I was stronger-strong enough to keep him prisoner here but, sadly, I haven't been stocking up on my blood bags. One hand slid down my back, pressing me tighter against his stone chest. Even through his shirt, his skin was cold enough to make me shiver-it was a shiver of pleasure, of happiness, but his hands began to loosen in response.

             I knew I had about three seconds before he would sigh and slide me deftly away, saying something like 'stop, not now or we can't'. Making the most of my last seconds, I crushed myself closer, molding myself to the shape of him. The tip of my tongue traced the curve of his lower lip; it was flawlessly smooth as if it had been polished, and the taste--

          "Hey guys! I'm--- Oh, uh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?" A sleepy-voice said. It was Anna. I looked down, completely embarrased. But, I quickly turned around.

        "Uh--er--no. I-I was just, uh, researching some things about hybrids." I stammered, sitting back down in my seat. Anna giggled and shook her head.

       "Well, I was just going to tell you that the Masquerade Ball is tonight." Anna reminded me. My jaw dropped.

      "Wait. Tonight?! Oh my fish, we have to go shopping ASAP!" I said, dragging Anna down the stairs and into the car.

        *

        *

        *

                      As we walked along the tiled pavement, Anna brought up that subject again. She was giving me a headache. I wish she would shut up about it. It was nothing. Nothing.I am just another one of Damon Salvatore's sex-toys. Period. Point. Blank. No argument.

         "What were you and Damon talking about last night when you guys came home after your "not-so-date" with him?" Anna asked. I need to come up with something quick. Come on, think!

            "Nothing. We were just talking about the sacrifice." I lied. She eyed me, which always makes me uncomfortable. She knows that.

            "It didn't seem like nothing. I heard the words 'I love you'." Anna said.

            "Mettere al sicuro, Annabella!" I cursed. She held her hands up in surrender.

             "Fine, I'll shut up. Just stop cursing at me in Italian. Geez." Anna said, walking into a store.

                        Just then, I saw the perfect dress. It was a short, strapless black dress with splattered red paint on it-which really looked like blood. I jumped up and down in excitement. I ran to it, grabbed it then ran to the cashier lady. I stared into her eyes.

                   "You will say this dress was sale and that we had a free membership so everything we buy is free and you willl remember nothing" I told her.  She repeated it in monotone. I patted her head saying, "Good girl. Now run along.". Anna looked shocked but I ignored her and walked past her.

          *

          *

         *

                                  The ride home wasn't that long a drive. We got there in 9 minutes tops. Both of us got out of the car. Anna looked really worried and she kept telling me to wait outside. Like I would ever listen to her. I rolled my eyes as she walked into the house. I literally climbed up the side of the house and jumped into my bedroom window. The lights flickered on and off, making me kind of scared. The floor started to creak too. I looked around the room seeing nothing but a shadow flash by. Right at that exact moment, the light bulb in my room went POOF! I fell on my ass too. Not a good feeling. Seriously. Then the lights came back on. But what came with it frightened me even more. Black boots were in front of me. Thinking it was Damon, I looked up and smirked. But as soon as the smirk appeared, it quickly faded.

                        There stood the one and only.....

         "Niklaus..." I whispered aloud, really not meaning to say it.