Coming back to Grace

A/N Sorry if I messed up on anything. I'm kind of tired of this story and I'm just finishing it up real quick so I can focus on so better plots.Hope you enjoy tho!

Things have become awkward between Shane and I. I think the fact that I’m not over his brother has got to him. Our visits weren’t as often and his smiles barely caressed his eyes. It wasn’t fair that I fell for his brother, but he knew it before we got together.

Ever sense the encounter with Andy, Shane started acting this way. I didn’t know what to do about it really. I guess the best I could do as to let him know I care about him and to shoe him I am his girlfriend. Not Andy’s. Andy has had his many chances. If he wanted me like that he would have showed it.

Truthfully, I never showed it, but the fact that I never left his side or looked at any other boy, should have given him a hint right?

Before I tell Shane anything, there is something I have to do.

Something for Andy, Danni, and maybe a little bit for myself.

When I found out my mom had an address and phone number I knew, I had to do it. The apartment was closer than I expected it to be. Just a town over, about a 40 minute drive.

“Do you want me to come with you?” My dad asked with an undecided look on his face.

“No it’s alright. I need to do this myself” And with a slight hesitation I left the car to go knock on the tiny apartment door. I have to admit.

I was nervous.

I kept taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

As I heard the door handle moving to open, I look one last deep breath before putting on a business like expression. The one I’ve seen my dad pull all the time when he wanted to come across as serious.

“Can I help-” Her words cut of when she looked up to see me.

Her once soft welcoming eyes were now empty and dressed with dark circles under them. Her once brushed silky hair was now greasy with careless frizzy knots.

Her once healthy appearance is now faltered. Her skin was pale and her form much skinner like she hasn’t been eating.

“Vicki…” she said my name like I was some kind of ghost that she couldn’t believe was here.

“Can I please come in Grace?” I asked, my voice softening.

“Um…y-yes, please come in. Sorry about the mess” She stated tiredly gesturing me to come in.

Unlike the way she used to keep her home, her apartment was a mess, clothes and trash everywhere. You can tell she needed some help. “Come sit” she urged leading me to her two seated couch. I did was she said sitting on it like it would break any second. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would.

“I’d offer you something to eat or drink but I really don’t have much.”

“When was the last time you ate something?”

“I had some crackers this morning”

“And that’s all?”

“Yes. I can’t eat much these days” she said, her eyes burning with despair. I know it might sound over dramatic for her to be acting this way, but think about it. You were completely in love with your husband and you trusted his with everything you had. Then he takes that away from you. In just a few minutes. She loved Daniel, a lot. Anyone could see that when she looked at him.