5. The Healing Process

When we got back to my apartment, Mikey stayed and explained to Ray. For some reason, they seemed hit it off really quick. Gerard walked me to the bedroom and laid me down on my bed. I felt like crying. Gerard had to help me pull Mikey’s blood soaked shirt off. Some of the blood had dried and stuck to the fabric, so it ripped and bled even more, I cried a little bit when more blood came and the wounds reopened.

“Make them go away!” I whimpered. Gerard saw that I was starting to spasm from the pain and he had to get on my lap and hold me down. “They hurt so bad, G-Gee!” I cried out. Gerard held me down. “Everything h-hurts!” I whimpered. He put his finger against my lips to shush me and I looked at him through tear covered eyes. He stroked my hair like he did a lot and he gave me a slight smile.

“It’ll be okay.” Gerard whispered. I shook my head and he licked his finger and ran it along one of the wounds. I could hear the strange crackling noise of the injury healing. “This will be weird, but whatever.” Gerard said. I didn’t ask what he meant, it just hurt so bad I didn’t care. Gerard’s tongue and lisp came into contact with my stomach, over the wounds. It hurt a little bit more than my arm, and I let out a painful squeak. He held me down and ended up healing all of those wounds quickly. He reached the ones near my hips.

“G-Gee.” I stuttered quickly, he looked up at me through his hair and I bit my lower lip. I was in so much pain, but this wasn’t a good situation. I shook my head and closed my eyes tightly as I felt his tongue scrape over the gashes. His tongue wasn’t smooth like a human’s, it was smooth, but rough and prickly like a cats’. I groaned a little bit and Gerard pulled away, looking at me with wide eyes. I felt myself blushing madly. “T-Those will heal by themselves.” I mumbled quickly.

“You don’t understand, there’s venom in these.” Gerard told me. I flinched at his words and closed my eyes tightly. “Ready?” Gerard asked. I nodded and he held me down again, I whimpered and groaned when his tongue swiped across my skin. Gerard held my arms down when I tried to swipe at him, I groaned and kicked my legs and within a few seconds, he was done. I was breathing heavy, and he was still over top of me, looking down at me.

“I’m scared, G-gee.” I whimpered. Gerard reached up and stroked my hair. “I feel so dirty, so violated.” I cried. Gerard moved to sit next to me and he pulled me up into his lap, I curled up against him and cried into his chest. I felt like a child, but what had happened to me wasn’t something to just shrug off. Gerard held me close, held me protectively. I sobbed heavily and he rubbed my back soothingly.

“I’m so sorry, Frankie. I wish I could have stopped the demon, I wish I could.” Gerard said quietly.

“But those other ones…they got you… don’t blame yourself.” I whimpered looking up at him. He looked at me. “I wish I could do something, fight them off. Kick some ass like you guys did.” I told him. Gerard sighed and gave me a light squeeze.

“I know.” Gerard said. “Mikey is going to stay with you tonight. I have to go to the church.” Gerard said, just then, Mikey walked in with Ray. Ray looked at me, I probably looked like a mess, all curled up in Gerard’s lap crying my eyes out. Ray didn’t say anything. I looked away.

“Frank, come into the living room and watch some television.” Ray told me. I shook my head and pressed my face against Gerard’s chest. Gerard picked me up and grabbed me a shirt. He helped me put it on without even setting me down. I looked to see Mikey whispering to Ray, Ray looked upset and angry. Gerard carried me out of my room and to the living room and sat me down on the couch. He touched my hair and gave me a light smile.

“You’re gunna be okay.” Gerard said. I curled up and pulled the afghan over me. “Mikey is just as strong as me. You have Ray here too. You’ll be safe. I won’t take long.” Gerard assured me. I looked up at him and he suddenly leaned down and kissed my forehead lightly. He then straightened up and left the apartment. Mikey came and sat beside me, and then Ray on the other side of me.