12. The Things I'm Seeing Are Real

It was about a few days later, we were on the road still. But every day seemed more dangerous, like something was coming. Something was coming closer, fucking Satan was after us. One night, we all stopped at a bar. We all went inside and ordered our drinks. Mikey and Sarah were dancing together in a crowd full of people. Gerard and Ray were talking about something and I was roaming around the bar minding my own business.

I had a drink in my hand, and it was nice and cool. The condensation dripped off of it and down my fingers, it was cold. The drink made me feel pretty warm though, so I had a feeling that I was very close to getting drunk. I knew angels could get drunk, Ray was pretty hilarious when he was tipsy. I wasn’t quite sure about Nephilim though. Mikey and Sarah weren’t drinking since they both were going to drive. I wasn’t sure about Gerard, I didn’t know if he was drinking or not.

“Oi! You’re a cutie!” Said a very strange voice. I turned quickly because when it was spoken, I knew it was directed at me. There was a guy sitting in a booth, he had long stringy black hair. It was longer than Gerard’s, dirtier too. He was with a guy who had as many tattoos as I did, but doubled. He had a fringe of black hair too. I looked at them.

“Uh, excuse me?” I asked, just trying to make sure he was talking about me. The guy with the long black hair smiled and nodded.

“Yea, you know I’m talking to you.” The guy said with a grin. The other guy looked at me and smirked, he had his lip pierced, but he had snakebites, he licked his lips, I could see a lip ring. “Come ‘ere and have a seat.” The guy told me, he pat the spot in the booth beside him.

“I uh, don’t know if I should. I’m kind of here with someone.” I said, I tried not to fidget, but my hand fidgeted with my glass in my hand. The guy gave me a look of sad blue eyes and I began walking toward the booth, I didn’t really think I had much of a control over my body right then and there. And before I knew it, I slid in the seat beside him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“Who a-are you guys?” I asked nervously. I wasn’t really okay with this contact, but my body refused to move away. The pierced guy looked at me and drummed his hands on the table with a mischievous look.

“This ‘ere is my buddy Jepharee, you can call him Jeph.” The stringy haired guy said pointing at the pierced man. I nodded slightly, I could feel this guy’s hand tighten on my shoulder. He leaned up close to me, his lips near my ear. “And my name is Bert.” He whispered, his breath was cold, I could smell that there was no alcohol on his breath, just mint and cinnamon. I looked at him, his bright blue eyes struck me hard, made me kind of freeze up. He inhaled just a little bit and I could have sworn he was smelling me.

“I’m F-Frank.” I managed to say with only a small stutter. Bert nodded and rubbed his chin, he glanced at Jeph who was looking at me, his brown eyes seemed to turn totally white, no pupil at all. I felt Bert’s grip tighten on my shoulder even more and suddenly everything went pure white. I felt like I was floating, it wasn’t scary like falling from a gazillion feet like it had been with Gerard, this was kind of calming.

It was calming until I was slammed into a wall, there were sharp metal spikes jabbing into my back. They weren’t super big, but they were enough to break the skin and make me cry out in pain. Bert’s hands were on my shoulder and Jeph was crouched above us, I was in a weird box that was taller than the average man, spikes were on it everywhere. Jeph looked like some kind of creature, he was crouched so strangely, like a free runner on a break. Bert held me tighter, and I yelped out in pain as the spikes seemed to dig in more, maybe they were getting bigger.

“Frank.” Bert ground out. I looked at Bert whose eyes were a strange glowing white blue colour. “You thought you could hide from us now, did you?” Bert asked, he spat out a sharp laugh and I flinched. “Are you still trying to hide?” Bert asked.