Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

The next morning I wasn't awoken by Marshall's tongue across my face which made me jump out of bed. It was then that the headache fully kicked in and I remembered I wasn't at home I was at Vanessa's apartment. I had a rule where I don't stay the night but I was way too hammered last night to make my way home.

It was then I felt a pair of hands sliding up my back and down my chest and kisses along my shoulder and neck.

"Good morning." Vanessa said.

"Morning." I replied a little too harshly.

"Do you feel better this morning?" She said between kisses.

Then I remembered how I acted towards Mia. I had to call her and apologize and definitely make it up to her somehow.

"Yeah but I have to go." I said while getting off the bed and putting my clothes on.

"Aww Ty do you have to leave so soon? You know you want to stay! We would have more fun if you stayed rather then if you left." She said crawling over to me and reaching for the buttons on my pants.

"I do. And trust me I'm no fun the day after."

"Well luckily for you I'm enough fun for the both of us." Vanessa said walking over to me.

"Oh believe me, I know BUT I still have to go. I'll call you." I said as I walked out of the apartment. I then remembered I didn't have a car. It was left back at the club I went to after the game.

I would normally call Freddy but he was in Boston, and calling Mia to come pick me up at a girls apartment because I was drunk last night was not exactly the 'I'm sorry' I was going for so the only other person I could think of seemed logical... at the time.

"You know I was really surprised when you called. I mean I was but at the same time not surprised because it's you."

"Did Mia hear you leave?" I asked.

"No she was still asleep."

"Good."

"So why don't you want her to know?"

"Because then she would know I slept with another random puck bunny."

"Who cares you guys aren't a couple."

"It doesn't matter."

"You care what she thinks about you?"

I didn't say anything because it was true. Besides my parents and family I didn't really care how people saw me. It started with all the rumours that I was a partier and that I slept around. Those people don't know me so it never really bothered me but having Mia look at me with disgust I just couldn't handle.

"Yeah I do."

What Kate said next sort of took me by surprise.

"Do you love her?" She asked.

"Of course I love her. I have known Mia since I was 16. I remember she was yelling at some kid about how hockey was better then soccer. She was 12." I couldn't help but smile because I remembered little Mia in pigtails.

"That's not what I meant Ty. I know you love her, I love her too but I'm asking if you love her." She was now at a red light and looking right into my eyes.

I just sat there looking right back at Kate because she already knew the answer.

"You already know the answer." I told her.

"I want to hear you say it."

"No I don't." I said and looked away. I looked straight ahead because that was the only place I could look. I was an open book.