Meeting him

• Dedicated to YOU, yes you <3

So you've voted and was pretty close but...

b) When they were younger (Memories)

...won just like one vote, pretty close. Thanks for everyone who voted and sorry if you didn't get the chance to vote.

Happy Reading x

It was that time of the year when children all around the world were rushed back into school, or as they call it hell, prison, torture chamber - whatever floats your boat. But let's take the world, focus on the Southern Hemisphere then zoom in on Australia, limelight Melbourne specifically, target on four year olds and there you have it.

Skylar Edwards was starting her first day in kindergarten. Being the shy girl she was, she refused to start at the beginning of the first term so her parents decided to leave it until halfway through the year.

Both Mr and Mrs Edwards decided to wake up their precious angel and get her prepared for the day's activities together, in hopes that she would feel more calm and less petrified.

As if they were children themselves, they silently sneaked into her lilac coloured bedroom and crept towards their sleeping daughter who lay peacefully on her single-sized bed.

Mrs Edwards gave Skylar a big sloppy kiss on her rosy cheeks, making her daughter snap awake. 

"Mummy!" Skylar giggled as she gently pushed her mother's face away. 

"Good morning, honey." Mr Edwards grinned before kissing the top of the four year old's head. 

"Morning, Daddy." 

"Guess what today is?" Mrs Edwards asked as she tickled Skylar's little ribs forcing her squeal like a farm animal.

"My bird day?" She excitedly guessed; she thought it was called 'Bird Day' instead of 'Birthday'.

"No, that was a few months ago." Mr Edwards informed her, trying to sound as excited as possible. "It's your first day in kindergarten!"

 "No! Please mummy and daddy. Don't make me go." She begged as tears filled up her big blue eyes.

"Sorry sweetie, but you have to go." Mrs Edwards sighed.

"No- no please." Skylar pleaded before dropping her head onto her Winnie the Pooh blanket.

"It'll be fun," Mr Edwards started his sentence before scooping her up in his arms and comforting her, "You'll be able to learn new things, make new friends and have an amazing time."

Skylar's head rose up from her father's chest and she rubbed her eyes. Her round eyes looked over to the window and set itself on two, identical boys who were playing outside in their garden. She first discovered them a few months ago, along with a boy slighter older. That's when she first wondered what it would be like to have friends, maybe it was time that she made her first friend.

"What do you say sweetheart? Will you try going just for today and see how it goes?" Her attention drew back to her father who seemed to be waiting for a response to his question.

 She slowly nodded. "Okay daddy. I go. Only today though!"

*  *  *

"Okay, sweetie. Do you think you can go in by yourself? Or would you like us to come?" Mrs Edwards turned to the back seat to talk to her daughter.

Skylar looked towards the small building that had children running around the outside, talking, playing, having a blast. Her vision went back towards her waiting parents.