Without his love...

• Dedicated to My readers <3

TRIGGER WARNING! 

If anyone is affected by the following chapters, please message me asap. Love you all.

Recap

I thought it was impossible to feel any more pain but I guess everything is possible.

Before they went to sit with her friend she gave me a devilish smirk letting me know she won.

And she did win.. The prize I so wish I had but can only dream of..

She had Jai...

Skylar's POV

It was one awkward Chemistry lesson. So far I've managed not to say a word to Jai or even look at him. 

I wasn't going to lie: it hurt. 

It hurt so much.

It hurt to look into his eyes, it hurt to be in his presence, and soon I'll have to stop loving him and that would hurt the most.

The bell rung to signal that it was the end of another school day.

"Good afternoon everyone," Mr Cameron said and in response everyone hastily mumbled a reply. I threw my bag around my shoulder and held my science folder to my chest as I walked out of the lab.

A heart-crushing voice called my name but I focused on getting home as fast as I could. Tears were streaming down my face as I pushed myself to walk faster, clutching my folder closer and tighter for comfort. 

I shakily opened the front door and slipped inside breathing heavily as I leaned against the door; I dropped my belongings on the hallway before wiping my tears. 

I took a deep breath which followed by my mum shouting about a phone call that she got from school about me 'misbehaving' in History; dad tried to defend me but it only caused them to start yet another argument - as if this day could get any worse...

I ran upstairs, locking my bedroom door to block out the sickening sound of my parents fighting. I flopped down on my bed and gazed up at the ceiling for a few seconds. My mouth opened to let out a heavy sigh but instead a sob escaped, another, then several. They just seemed to burst out of me uncontrollably like multiple grenades with their pins ripped out.

A  F E W  M O N T H S  L A T E R

Jai's POV

It'd been a month and a half since I've been going out with Tiffany; I've grown to like her a lot - she's a lot of fun to be around, I guess.

Unfortunately, Beau and Luke haven't been very supportive of my relationship with Tiffany, neither are James and Skip or even my mum to be honest. Beau said that all we do is make out which is true but we talk too - when we're not kissing... Luke has been the worst about our relationship; he always brings up Skylar every time I talk about Tiffany - but the guilt trip does not work on me.

Speaking of Skylar, I haven't really interacted with her much. She hasn't really hung out with us ever since the day when I started going about with Tiff. I occasionally see her across the corridor but never in class - apparently her grades have dropped so she's not in any of my classes any more. I usually don't see her at lunch or break but when I do she's on her own; she just seems emotionless like all the life has been forcedly sucked out of her. It breaks my heart to see her like that...

Skylar's POV

I stare at the meal in front of me - I feel disgusted to even think about tasting it. It's been like this for over a month, skipping several meals; it's had a lot of negative impact on my body but I just can't bring myself to it.