The Beach Party

The next morning I woke up in a good mood though the bad dream. I showered and then went to the kitchen to see mum making breakfast. 

"Morning mum!" I said cheerfully and kissed her cheek. 

"Morning baby! You slept well?" she said smiling and I shrugged. 

"Not really! Actually no it was horrific and awful! I had a nightmare about Alice!" I said and she turned to look at me sympathetically. 

"It's okay mum! I'm in a great mood today and I don't want that to change!" I said firmly and she smiled. 

"How was the party yesterday?" she asked enthusiastically and I could sense that she was sad she couldn't make it. 

"It was great! Paula was stunning. I met some relatives and we talked. It was kind of fun!" I said and she turned back making puncakes. 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you! Miss Collins stopped by yesterday afternoon. She brought some cake and said that she came to see how we were doing! She was at the party too!" I said and took a swallow of my milk. 

"Really? And I guess she wasn't alone at the party was she?!" she asked and I nodded. 

"No... She was with Nate!!" I said a bit bitterly remembering had happened last night. Mum was ready to say something but she was cut off by my phone. It was Natalie. 

"Morning Nat! What's up?" 

"Morning Sel-Sel! I'm good.. What about u? How was the party yesterday?"  

"Sel-Sel realy now?! Argh... Whatever.. It was great!" I said and she giggled. 

"Good! I hope you didn't forget about tonight!" she said and I tried to remember what was going to happen tonight but I didn't have a clue. 

"Ummm... Can I have any help?" I said clueless and she groaned. 

"God Selena.. The beach party!" 

"Oh right! The beach party! What time is it?" I said and turned to mum and mouthe her 'can I go?' and she nodded. I smiled and mouthed 'thank you'. 

"At 9. I'll come with Brad to pick you up at 8:30! Ok?" she asked and I took another swallow of my milk. 

"Yeah sure! I'll be waiting! Bye Nat!" I said and hunged up when she said bye.

Mum left at 4 after having lunch together. I had nothing to do so I went to the kitchen to grab a fruit to eat. I opened the fridge and I groaned. We had none. So I decided to go grocery shopping. I went to my room and grabbed a pair of pale jean shorts a strapless stripped top and flip flops and got dressed. I pulled my hair up in a bun took my sunglasses keys phone money and stepped outside the house. I reached the shop after 5 minutes and when I stepped in I was greeted by the cool air. Thank god there was air condition. 

I started looking around to find something I needed to buy. I was spaced out and didn't hear Natalie calling. 

"Selena?? Hey... Wake up..." 

I turned around and saw that she was a few steps away from me. I laughed and said "Sorry... I was spaced out!" she giggled and I stunk my tounge out to her. 

"Yeah people that’s my 18 year old friend!”  she said and I giggled.

“Whatever Natalie!” I said and she grabbed my arm.

“You didn’t say what you are doing here!” she said and raised her eyebrow.

“Ummm… Natalie I’m starting to worry baby! What would I do here? Grocery shopping obviously!” I said and lifted my hands up in the air.