Potions Fiasco, Part Two

Remus was feeling worse by the minute, following Severus across the grounds towards the Forest. He could feel his stomach contracting, his heartbeat increasing. He asked Severus once where they were going, but Severus merely glanced back without an answer. He didn't speak at all until they came to a stop near the edge of the Lake, where he turned to face Remus, reaching into his robes and drawing his wand.

"Now... let's see who you are really, impostor..."

"Lupin!" gasped Remus, feeling his blood beginning to rush. "Remus Lupin! Severus, please, I--"

"Lupin..." Severus's eyes danced with a cold light as he looked Remus once up and down. "What is this, Polyjuice Potion? When the Headmaster finds out that you've been making--"

"Please! Not mine! It was..." Remus fell silent, doubling over and vomiting his dinner onto the grass. Severus looked at him in disgust, and then his eyes widened and he looked into the sky.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? Looks like Snivellus thought he could in get a cheap shot tonight!" Severus whirled around in time to see James, Sirius, and Peter walking towards him before his world was turned upside down as he was hoisted into the air by the ankle.

"Come on, Sirius," said James, waving his wand, and Severus felt the air release him in time to brace himself before he fell to the ground. "Remus, what are you doing... what the--"

"Mulciber!?" Sirius looked scathingly at the figure. He started to raise his wand, but Peter squealed behind him.

"No, Sirius, that's Remus!" he said quickly. Sirius looked around.

"Are you sure?"

"Says so."

Sirius lowered his wand and sighed, looking at the form of Mulciber, which was doubled over, holding his stomach. "Remus, why are you Mulciber?" he asked.

"Snape, you need to get out of here," said James warningly. "It's the full moon."

"I don't need you to tell me what to do, Potter," spat Severus, picking himself up off the ground and turning back towards the castle. "You should keep a tighter leash on him. A dangerous thing like that needs to be monitored closely."

Sirius started to retort, but at that moment, Remus let out a snarl, and a shudder ran the length of his spine as he arced his back. Immediately, Sirius and James grabbed Remus and started dragging him towards the forest as he tore at his skin, revealing new skin underneath, covered in fur. Peter Pettigrew started to follow them, but Snape caught his arm. Peter struggled for his wand, but Snape had his out and at Peter's throat in an instant.

"I would reconsider my options, if I were you," said Snape, rolling his wand between his fingers idly. He pulled hard and Peter followed him. Across the grounds, Remus tore himself free of his friends, but Severus was already halfway up to the castle, walking quickly. Behind him, he heard the werewolf emit a chilling howl, and looked over his shoulder in time to see it disappear into the Forest. The other boys were nowhere to be seen. Severus kept walking, his robes billowing out behind him in the cold night air as he tugged Peter back into the entrance hall.

A laugh reached his ears, and he stopped by the doors, melting into the shadows of a pillar with his wand pressed tight to Peter's throat, looking back towards the Quidditch pitch. There, in the shadows, he could barely see two figures making their way back up to the castle. He heard another laugh, and then a voice he recognized as Kurt's. Sinking into the shadows, he watched them approach.

"Oh 'scuse me, Miss Jaeger, your tie looks a little askew there..." snickered Kurt mockingly, his arm around Mariah.

"Oh Mr. Lovell, didn't you have a belt before?"