Chapter 5

(Forward warning!!!! Major lemon/smut/sex scene in this chapter! Don't like don't read! If you do like USUK smut, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.)

Alfred struggled. He supported Arthur easily, but Arthur's scent was becoming overwhelming. However, he resisted his urges to mate with Arthur and tried to bring him to his home so Victoria could help take care of the Queen.

"Hold on, Arthur. We're almost to the house!"

Arthur groaned, clutching Alfred tightly. "Not... Not the... The house... They'll tell Yao..." He panted heavily, hardly able to move himself. His heat started faster than it normally did. Usually he had an entire day in his preheat before the actual heat started.

The alpha stopped in confusion. "He doesn't know you're out here?" Arthur shook his head. "How in the hell does he not know!? Arthur, it's a half a day's ride here from the castle! You must have stolen a horse from the stables if Yao doesn't know!"

Arthur whined, leaning closer to Alfred to breathe in more of his scent. "I... Snuck out..."

"Why?" Alfred shifted Arthur so he could carry him easier.

"Because..." Arthur felt his fluid start to slide down his legs, causing him to shudder. "Marriage." His eyes burned with the feeling of tears. He grasped Alfred tighter. "Don't want... To marry... Him..."

Alfred bit his lip, keeping his stare focused forward. I don't want you to marry him either. "But you have to, Arthur. You can't just run away from your duties. You never struck me as the type to do this, Arthur. Especially while you're heat started!"

The Queen wanted to cry. Alfred wasn't telling him what he wanted to hear. He wanted Alfred to tell him that he loved him and ask him to run away together if it was necessary.

In no time, Alfred was dragging Arthur through the back of the barn so his foster parents wouldn't see Arthur. Alfred wrapped one arm around Arthur's waist to keep him standing as he pulled down the ladder to the hay loft. He clumsily helped Arthur up and tried not to breathe in too much of Arthur's smell. He pulled the ladder back up and sealed the opening shut. "This was originally built for heats in case of an emergency. Mom doesn't have heats anymore because she can't have children, so this is now used as a hay loft," he explained, pulling a special mattress designed for an omega's heat out of an opening in the wall. He grabbed sheets and blankets and hurriedly dressed the mattress. "Here, come lay down." Alfred beckoned Arthur to the bed.

The Queen obeyed, stiff as he lay down. His body was burning and he felt so empty. He began to cry as Alfred turned his back to him. "N-no, please! Please don't leave," Arthur begged, reaching out for Alfred.

Alfred stiffened, then held his hand over his nose to lessen the scent. "Arthur, I can't be here while you're on your heat. It is taking everything in me right now to not tear off all your clothes and mate with you. I want to fuck you senseless right now, but I can't."

Arthur panted as he tried tugging Alfred into the mattress with him. "Please... Please, Alfred. I need you." Alfred shook his head, still turned away from Arthur. "Alfred, I really need you... My body... It aches for you..."

The farmer boy but down hard on his lip. "No. It aches for any alpha to claim it. But what you need is a King, Arthur. Not just some commoner."

"No!" Arthur cried as Alfred took a step forward. "Alfred, you are not-ngh- just some commoner!" Arthur sat up, using the support if his trembling arms to keep him up. "You are my Farmer boy... My Farmer boy... I need you... I want you... I love you..."

Alfred froze. There was... There was no way Arthur could have said that. Not Arthur. Not the Queen... They had kissed, but that was the last time they saw each other, two months ago. "What?"