Chapter 2

Alfred hummed cheerfully, buckling up the saddle pack to his saddle before leading Fergus out of the barn. "Later, ma! I'll be home before supper!" The woman on the porch laughed and waved him off. He climbed into the saddle, then dug his heals into his stallion's sides. "Hee-ya!" Alfred cheered as Fergus leapt into a gallop.

The wind threw Alfred's hat right off his head so the string keeping his hat on wrapped around his neck. The warm breeze tousled the alpha's hair as he closed his eyes and allowed Fergus to canter free on the familiar path.

It's been a month since he helped the Queen back to the palace, but it's been on his mind since. There was something about the older omega that he found alluring aside from his wealth and rank. Alfred leaned forward in his saddle as he opened his eyes. Arthur was... Beautiful. Alfred couldn't find the proper words to describe his Queen, but he used what he could.

His Queen was beautiful, dainty but strong, and... And... Oh, there was simply no words.

"Morning, Alfred!"

Alfred looked down, then grinned as he slid off Fergus. "Hey, little guy! What's up?" He gently ruffled the child's hair. The child giggled, taking the reigns from Alfred. "Thank you for watching over him. You know I'm trusting you to watch him, and he loves ya."

The kid nodded with a large grin. "I know. When he nudges my shoulder, it means he wants carrots, and when he rubbed my cheek he wants an apple!"

Alfred laughed. "Glad you remember! See ya around, Peter! Tell your ma and pa I said 'hi'!"

Peter nodded enthusiastically. "Okay!"

As Peter lead Fergus out of the crowd, Alfred turned around to head into the markets.

"Alfred!"

Said alpha hummed in question as he turned around. His eyes widened and his jaw slackened before he grinned widely. There his Queen was, sitting graciously a top of a pristine white stallion that obviously belonged to the total stables with the Jack right behind him. "Afternoon, Arthur!" Alfred tucked his arm under his chest and bowed as his other arm hooked behind his back.

Yao sputtered indignantly. "You shall not address the Queen so formally-"

Arthur raised his hand to Yao with an amused curl of his lips. "It's alright, Yao. I have entrusted Alfred with my name." The caused Alfred to snigger in Yao's direction.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Alfred raised his hand for Arthur to take to help the smaller male off his horse.

The Queen smiled, taking Alfred's hand. "Oh, I was just in town. Yao refused to let me go on my own, so he came with me." Alfred chuckled, placing his other hand on Arthur's waist as he heaved him off the horse.

Then, Alfred caught a familiar scent waft off of Arthur. He leaned in slightly. "Did you just get out of heat?"

Arthur blushed, deeply embarrassed. He nodded. "Yes. Why do you ask?"

Alfred raised his arm for Arthur to take. "I can smell it on you. Don't worry about it, though. It's not strong enough for anyone in this crowd to notice or care. Also, I won't pounce on you. Promise." Alfred flashed his grin down at Arthur as he lead him through the crowd, Yao close behind with the horses.

The omega chuckled softly. "I'm glad, my dear farmer boy. You seem to have incredible self control and a trustworthy heart. Your parents must have raised you well."

"Eh." Alfred shrugged. "Ma and pa aren't really ever around. Sure, they're good folk, but I had to learn a lot of things on my own. Taught myself to read and write, ride horses, care for gardens, how to make cobbler, stuff like that. Ma and pa only taught me how to do chores and make money and grandmama taught me how to cook the perfect meal. I just touched up on a bit of each."