Chapter 7

(Smut at the end)

Silence pierced the tenseness of the air surrounding the crowd, every person having been invited for the wedding and the decapitation were frozen in their places. Alfred stared forward with wide eyes, hardly noticing the ache in his wrists from the rope binding. Francis seethed furiously, glaring at Victoria and Alfred viscously.

However, Arthur felt tears of joy and overwhelming happiness fill him as his saw the mark on Alfred's cheek. A large, bold, beautifully decorated 'K' stood out just above his jaw line, similar to where Arthur's not as beautiful or bold 'Q' rested.

Yao couldn't stop staring. He was right. He had been right done the moment he lay eyes on the boy. That was the true King of Spades.

Steadily, whispers started to flow around and weave through the crowd.

"That's the King!"

"Where he been the past seventeen years!?"

"What does that woman mean when she threatened King Francis?"

"Was King Bonnefoy having this woman hide the King?"

The whispers escalated into conversations which led to cheers. Alfred stood, stunned and confused. King? He was King? There was no way...

"THE KING IS FOUND!"

"OUR KING HAS RETURNED!"

Cheers burst from the people, Alfred being dragged inside of the castle by Victoria as she unbound his wrists.

"Ma?" Alfred turned to his foster mother. "What's going on? Why are they cheering like that? What do you mean 'Francis was about to murder your King'?"

Victoria smiled gently, running his fingers through his hair to untangle all the knots. "I'm sorry for hiding this, baby. I promise, though. I will explain everything."

Alfred stood, deeply puzzled under he heard hurried steps. He turned and his eyes widened.

"Alfred!" Arthur launched himself at Alfred. He tossed his arms around Alfred's neck as the weakened man stumbled back slightly, but caught his balance. He pulled back with a grin and tears streaking his cheeks. "You're the King! Sweet dear Gods, you're the King!" Arthur laughed, tightly squeezing Alfred.

"I... Am?" Alfred furrowed his brows, Arthur tracing the 'K' on his cheek. "I'm the King? But... How? I was... You..." Alfred looked back at Victoria, unable to comprehend.

"Hey," Victoria placed her hand on his arm as he held Arthur. "Just spend some time with Arthur without being worried for once."

~

"That's me? That's what I look like?"

Arthur bit back a giggle, but couldn't hold back a large smile. "Yes." He watched as Alfred marveled at himself in the mirror. "It's weird seeing yourself in the mirror for the first time, isn't it? Instead of having to look down in a bucket of water or into a river, you can see yourself clearly in this mirror. That's exactly what you look like. Just like that is exactly what I look like." Arthur gestured to his reflection. He then looked up at the true Alfred instead of the mirror Alfred, and ran his fingers along his jaw. Alfred glanced down. "You're perfect, you know."

Alfred smiled. "I'm nasty, that's what I know. That's all I know right now. I'm filthy, I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I have the most perfect person hugging my arm. That's all I know right now. Everything else... I can't understand." He looked back at himself in the mirror and trailed his eyes over the mark on his cheek. "I've been King this whole time? And mom knew?"