Epilouge

Arthur sighed, relaxing into the bed. "The children are absolutely restless tonight. I swear to the Gods they are just like you."

The King chuckled softly, bringing Arthur closer to himself. "Sorry, my Queen. I'll get up next time they cry if you'd like."

"No, it's fine. I, however, would really enjoy an hour long sleep, at least." Arthur lay his head on Alfred's chest and closed his eyes. "But they are both asleep, warm, full, and their diapers are changed, so I'm sure they'll sleep for a good long while."

"Yes, I'm sure." Alfred kissed Arthur's head and rubbed his back. "Now get some sleep, sweetheart. You need it."

Arthur hummed. "Alright. I'll try."

~

Yawning, Arthur rolled over on the bed to face the window where the sun shined through. He sat up, narrowing his eyes. I must have slept longer than an hour. He yawned again an rubbed his eyes. Arthur looked over towards the crib with the twins and smiled.

Alfred was cradling their fussy, King-marked daughter and was whispering sweet, soft words to her. "You gotta be quiet, Abigail. Mama needs his sleep. You and your older brother, Andrew, are so loud, just like your dad. I'm not sure that mama likes it very much, but he still loves us."

The baby cooed softly, her tiny fingers curling and uncurling. Alfred chuckled and shifted Abigail so she lay over his chest and rested her head on his shoulder. "I know you love mama. I love him, too."

Arthur couldn't hold back a soft laugh as he slid out of the bed. Alfred turned to look at his spouse and grinned. "I woke up just in time." Arthur made his way over, then wrapped his arms around Alfred's waist and lay his head on the King's unoccupied shoulder. "I love you, too." He peered over at his daughter as Alfred wrapped his free arm around Arthur.

Abigail drooled a bit on Alfred's shirt, her silvery-blue eyes wide and curious as she stared at her mother. Arthur smiled and ran his knuckle over the pale blonde baby's rosy cheek. "I love you, baby girl."

~

"Mama! Mama!" Two small children dashed through the garden, stumbling over their feet. Arthur giggled softly, his hand over his once-again swollen belly.

"Yes? What is it, darlings?" Arthur reached over to his daughter as she stopped beside where he sat.

Abigail grinned, holding up a handful of small white flowers. "Mommy, wook at dah fwowers me and Andrew picketed!"

Andrew squealed happily, climbing into Arthur's lap as the Queen took the flowers. "Like dem, mama?"

Arthur smiled and kissed the twins on their heads, ruffling Andrew's pale blonde hair and fixing Abigail's dirty blonde ponytail. "I love them, baby." He tucked the flowers in the vase beside them, the bouquet made of only flowers the three-year-olds picked. "You want to know something, though?" He shuffled his son onto one leg and helped Abigail up onto his other leg.

The twins nodded, carefully leaning on their mother's swollen belly and feeling for their sibling. "If you pick the most beautiful flowers, they will die quicker, leave only the flowers you do not wish to see. If you leave the beautiful flowers, they will grow and become even more beautiful, and they will spread further. They'll be everywhere."

The little girl looked up, her silvery blue eyes sparkling. "I won't pick no more fwowuhs, mama! I'ww wet dem gwow and gwow!" Andrew nodded hurriedly in agreement, a large grin splitting his lips.

"Of course, darling."

~

"Daddy, daddy!" The three-year-olds both shrieked as their father scooted them up with a playful roar.