100 Souls, 100 Moments- 34.097: Safety First

A certain red head with blue eyes happily humed along to the record tune that was currently resounding in the party he was currently attending. Allowing a sigh to pass though his lips, halting his absent humming, he thought of the past few months of fighting and constant chaos before the Kishin had finally been destroyed once and for all, mostly thanks to the brilliant new students at this school. Death Scythe scrunched up his face, causing a few people to raise their eyebrow in confusion, as he had to stop himself from crying out in happiness for his beautiful daughter's glorious actions of heroism. But still, thank the LORD that it's all over now.

But these current thoughts of a tranquil vacation and fatherly pride were interrupted as he heard a woman yell something at the other side of the dance floor. Glancing over to where he thought he heard it, he saw that there was a small crowd being gathered, blocking Spirit's view of whatever was going on. And so, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion and annoyance, he made his way there by gently pushing aside dancers and stewards who were giving out constant rounds of alcohol. There was sure to be lots of hangovers tomorrow.

Slightly panting from the seemingly epic journey of going through a sea of moving bodies, Spirit broke through the last obsticle of people who had gathered a tight, medium sized circle. As the red head broke to the front, he nearly had a heart attack as he saw the two women who were in the middle of the circle, pacing around each other as if waiting to strike.

Medusa and Marie...? He had to blink and rub his eyes to make sure he was right. That the sight before him of Marie with an actual grimace on her face and not her accustomed smile, and MEdusa with her tongue flicking in and out of her mouth in a hiss, getting ready to jump each other wasn't just a hallucination. He wasn't exactly shocked at the sight of Medusa at the conference party, she had helped out a great deal for Shibusen, but it was odd to see the murderous looks in both of the woman's eyes directed at each other. Hadn't they put their differences behind them already?!

And then that was when he saw out of the corner of his crystal blue eyes his ex-partner standing a little ahead of the inside circle, as always smoking a cigarette from his lips. The dissection junkie had decided that if the madness was now gone, he might as well be able to smoke again in victory.

"Stein, what's going on?" Spirit asked after he'd made his way over to the white haired man, knowing he'd know something about this situation, making sure on his way over to him that he did it stealthily so that the two circling ladies didn't see him.

But the doctor didn't turn his head to his long time mentor, Spirit was about to snap at him for not reacting to him at all when he was talking, but Medusa cut him off with her jeering voice.

"saw him first." She snarled through her painted lips for the occasion.

"What are you TALKING about?! I knew him in SCHOOL! When we were TWELVE!" Marie screamed right back, making Spirit wince at her high frequency and wondering how she was being able to hold back her anger and not lash out for so long since she had such a short fuze.

"Well, I LOVED him first." Medusa said right back as showed a sharp row of white teeth.

"I LOVED HIM IN SCHOOL YOU BITCH OF A WITCH!" Marie said in her loudest voice, quite opposite to that of Medusa's quiet hissing. Spirit was pretty sure his ears were going to start bleeding any minute now.

"AND YOU PRACTICALLY DESTROYED HIM!" She added on after taking in some much needed air. Make that bleed in seconds.

"And you healed him, huh Barbie? Is that why you think he belongs to you?"

"DAMN RIGHT!"

And then it suddenly clicked for Spirit. They were fighting over Stein. The red head was frozen for a second before he painfully slow moved his head to look up to the former insane tech. If the sight of the two girls ready to catfight was a surprise, when he saw the small sly smile on his stitched up face Spirit felt like he was going to faint from shock.

"Ladies, please, this is a Peace Conference held in order to show balance in the world is restored. We can't have a fight half way throu-"

"Shut up." Medusa hissed at the waiter who had just tried to break up the soon-to-be fray.

"Yeah, BACK OFF Buddy." Marie growled along, her one eye glittering dangerously.

The man with the tray squeaked a sorry before running back into the back kitchen, no doubt to stay there the rest of the night, cowering behind some stack potatoes of something. Spirit couldn't really blame him, the real evil in this world were pissed off women.

"You don't deserve him. You don't understand him." Marie was now lowly growling, her whole body shaking with raw energy that needed to be released.

"You're the one who doesn't 'understand' him! You don't know what it's like for his mind to be in constant turmoil." Medusa cooly replied as she pretended to inspect her arrow-painted nails.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONE DOING IT!" Marie screamed, causing the large plane windows to shake, before she lunged at Medusa.

Spirit didn't really remember much after that, only shrill yells as the whole place was sent into chaos, like the sky was falling on them. But he does remember waking up outside of the destroyed hotel, and he could only guess he'd been bailed out from Stein as he sat next to him on the curb, staring at the burning building that firemen were trying to put out even though the establishment was long gone and no repairs were going to fix it.

"Whoa...what just happened?" The weapon asked as he rubbed his head, finding his hair to be in total disarray.

"Senpai? You know how I said I don't like females? How I said they're annoying?" Stein asked as he blew out smoke in the shape of a skull.

"...yeah?" Spirit answered tentively, still rubbing his pounding head.

"I changed my mind."

Spirit blinked at his partner before he cursed and flopped back down, cursing again as his head hit asphalt.

"And Maka calls ME a player." He grumbled under his breath as he glanced up to his discretely smiling psycho best friend.