100 Souls, 100 Moments- 29.056: Danger Ahead

"White? How boring. U-GLY."

Maka's eyes narrowed and she yelled a feroucous scream before bringing the crisscrossed sythe down on the mocking enemy's neck, successfully killing it.

Hesitantly, Soul transformed back into his human form before swallowing down the soul, not even bothering to chew because that would take time and he could tell by Maka's incessive tapping of her foot on the stone street that she wanted to leave asap. When she saw that he had finished eating the soul, she turned on her heel and started their way back to their apartment without a word, Soul sticking his hands into his jacket pockets as he slumped his shoudlers. This night silence continued, their soft footsteps on the ground being the only inrtusion, but finally Soul couldn't stand it anymore.

"I know you're mad that he flipped your skirt..."

"Shut-up." Maka snapped before he could continue on, but he did anyway.

"...but that's no reason to get so pissed."

"I'm not angry, just annoyned." She growled out as her shoulders were now up to her ears in a clear body language of anger, if her stomping feet didn't show that enough.

"In case you've forgotten, this has happened a lot before, even Ragnarök did it. And annoyed about what? Sexual harassment?" He snorted, but that amusement faded in a second as she whirled on him with a glint in her eyes that he knew was fierce irritation.

"About not being hot."

Soul blinked.

Soul laughed.

"I'm serious. I'm going shopping tomorrow." She continued to declare in an air of confidence before turning up to their apartment complex to climb the stairs.

"Now that I think about it...I forgot the count of how many people have flipped your skirt only to be dissapointed..." Soul muttered to himself as he followed, only to be hit with a famous Maka Chop to the head that made him tumble down all the stairs.

: - S - O - U - L - - E - A - T - E - R - : - R - E - T - A - E - - L - U - O - S - :

"Tsubaki?" Soul asked, stifling a yawn to do so, after he'd opened the front door.

"Good morning Soul. Maka called me last night, said we were going to the mall." She gleamed with a smile to which the younger teen only nodded at.

"Hey Tsubaki!" Another voice could be heard approaching and Soul stuck his head out to see both Blair and Liz, with Patti in tow, approaching the apartment too.

"I thought you moved out Blair." Soul questioned as he scratched his mass of silver hair.

"Of course silly. Maka called me to go shopping, and how could I resist?" She laughed as her purple curls bounced.

"Sorry, I'm ready." Maka said as she ran to the door, pushing aside a still drouzy Soul.

"See you in a few hours." The pigtailed teen added over her shoulder to Soul before closing the door, continuing down the stairs with her four girl friends.

"I'm going back to sleep." Soul muttered as he marched back to his bed.

Too bad for the weapon that since Tsubaki was gone, BlackStar got bored and decided to come over. And of course, the blue haired assassin thought it'd be funny if he jumped on Soul while he was still asleep to wake him up. To say the least, it wasn't as humorous as BlackStar thought it'd be.

: - S - O - U - L - - E - A - T - E - R - : - R - E - T - A - E - - L - U - O - S - :

"I'm ba-ack!" Maka sung as she opened the door and sauntered into the small apartment with a few bags in hand, Soul only grunting as he continued to eat instant noodles while watching TV.

"So what did you get? You don't seem any different." Soul noted as she came to sit next to him on the couch, still wearing her same red checkered skirt, white blouse, and green striped tie.

But she only did a sly smile as she leaned more into the comfy cushions.

: - S - O - U - L - - E - A - T - E - R - : - R - E - T - A - E - - L - U - O - S - :

It would be two days later when Soul discovered what she had bought.

When it had happened, they'd been on a mission and Maka had done a normal kick and when her skirt flew up, he expected to see, well...boring white. Too bad it was really red with black lace. He was so shocked that he'd almost didn't hear Maka scream to block and so save both the teenager's butts from being cut to bits.

And as more days passed by, he noted that he wasn't the only one who noticed the difference. Or to put it in a blatantly honest way, it seems as if more guys were checking her out. How could they know too?! Her skirt was short, sure, but still!

Soul was being the annoyed one now.

It was now two weeks after the first 'sighting' and they were walking to Shinigami now, to report on another mission well done.

Yet that wasn't what was on the young weapon's mind. It was the fact that since they'd done such a good time, Maka had an extra hop in each step, which was making her skirt fly up too. As he dully noted how he liked the pink with yellow flower design, he knew that this had to stop.

"Alright Maka, you gotta go back to normal." He said in a flat voice that cause his partner to stop her skipping and go back to regular walking.

"There, I'm normal right now." She said as she looked over shoulder to him, eyes playful as she knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"I mean...you know what I'm talking about." He stumbled to say, ending it with a cough of awkwardness.

"It's my choice to wear what I want." She retorted with a scoff as she continued on.

"I kind of liked it better when you wore white." He lied to try and convince.

He was surprised when she stopped again and turned around fully with a small smile.

"Really?"

"...Yeah." He was almost hesitant to answer.

"Then tomorrow I"ll wear white." She laughed as she skipped ahead, consequently showing off some more pink and yellow.

: - S - O - U - L - - E - A - T - E - R - : - R - E - T - A - E - - L - U - O - S - :

"Well, I'm wearing white today." Maka grinned like a cat and made Soul narrow his crimson eyes as she appeared from her room the next morning.

"Really now?" He answered as nonchalantly as he could although his heart gave a leap. She'd really listened to him?!

"Yeah. Wanna see?"

Soul chocked on air and before he could object, she had already lifted her red skirt. He blinked stupidly as he saw, indeed, white. But the only problem that it was mostly in the form of lace and bows.

Falling out of his chair with a nose bleed, he didn't hear Maka's laughs or when she said, "Looks like no one is disappointed anymore."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ah, panties. And inevitable and fun idea, yet hard to describe without making it totally perverted XD