love story beginning

*STILL IN FLASH BACK*

Two weeks later

Wow how I am eating my words. The more time I spend at Stefan’s, mostly with Stefan but Damon was always around, the more I can see what Lexi was talking about. Damon could be charming when he wanted to be, which was basically never but I found his sarcasm strangely appealing.
"hello Mrs Holmes is Stefan in" I asked after she answered the door. Today was Saturday and my father had agreed to me going to visit Stefan as we had a lot of work to do. I am sure that he thinks we are more than friends but his decorum won over fatherly anger.
"Morticia come in Stefan isn’t home but he should be back shortly" Damon smiled at me.
"thank you" I smiled back at him and headed straight for the kitchen to get a glass of water I heard the front door close.

As I turned around I ended up spilling the water over myself and the person I bumped into.
"sorry" I muttered noticing it was Damon.
"don't worry I shouldn’t have been standing so close" he shrugged but would not let me past.
"may I get past please" I whispered.
"I just want to try something just tell me to stop if you want" Damon leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I closed my eyes as he pushed me back towards the kitchen counter. He took the glass from my hand and put it down still kissing me. Eventually I broke free to breathe. I looked down unsure about the situation I was in, even though all I wanted to do was kiss him again.

"Damon why is Mrs Holmes standing outside?" Stefan’s voice came from the front door and suddenly Damon was a decent distance from me.
"she was boring me" he shrugged.
"Damon this is her home you can't just kick her out when you feel like it" Stefan sighed.

"why are you wet?" Stefan questioned walking into the kitchen.
"ask Miss clumsy" Damon smirked pointing in my direction.
"hello Marti, wait your wet too" Stef pointed out the obvious.
"accident with a glass of water" I shrugged.
"well I was thinking we could just relax here today I do not feel like school work" Stefan muttered.
"sounds good brother, what are we doing" Damon smiled at him.
"just randomly talking and seeing what pops up" Stefan shrugged walking towards the sofa.
"Stefan should you not fetch Mrs Holmes," I whispered.
"good point" he walked back out of the room and Damon was immediately back in front of me.
"so" he asked.
"so what" I frowned.
"honestly, never mind" Damon rolled his eyes and headed for the door.
"now what are you doing" Stefan asked pulling old Mrs Holmes behind him.
"out" Damon snapped then slammed the door.

“what happened?” Stefan asked me.

“I do not know” I shrugged only being able to think about the kiss we had shared.

“bye Stefan” I was standing at the door of the house and I was about to leave when I felt someone standing behind me.

“honestly brother there is a war on and it is dark out there and you are going to let her walk home alone where anyone is on the streets and she could be attacked” I turned to see Damon rolling his eyes.

“she can be very insistent about what she wants” Stefan shrugged knowing that we had spent the last ten minutes arguing about it.

“so can I, Miss Bloodrayne I am going to walk you home” Damon smiled at me.

“I would prefer Stefan to you, at least my father has met him” I muttered. All I wanted was to be alone with Damon so we could talk, but I knew that once it happened I would not be able to talk. Also, I was meant to be Stefan’s friend and Damon’s annoyance.

“do you know how much that hurts” Damon rolled his eyes at me.

“it’s the truth” I muttered knowing it wasn’t.