The Kat from hell

*Flashback*

“Good morning Stefan” I smiled at him as I saw him waiting at the gates.

“right so I just wish to apologise about yesterday. That was rude ignoring you, like I did” he smiled at me and took my hand, then he pulled it to his mouth and kissed it.

“what a gentleman” someone said from behind me. Stefan dropped my hand and I turned around to see the man that had been talking to my brother yesterday.

“now don’t be impolite, especially after you just apologised for being rude, introduce us” the man smiled at me and then winked at Stefan. He was shorter than Stefan was but just as, if not more handsome. He had black hair and piercing blue eyes, and wore all black.

“Morticia, this is...” Stefan began.

“Damon Salvatore, Stefan’s older and better looking brother” the man finished off taking my hand in his and kissing it. I frowned and turned to face Stefan.

“I thought you said you were on your own” I muttered quietly so that Damon could not hear.

“well we do not really get on, I thought he had stayed in America” Stefan grimaced.

“Well Damon, it was nice meeting you, maybe I will see you after school, but right now Stefan and I have to get to English” I grabbed Stefan’s hand and started to pull him towards the school grounds.

“thank you” he whispered once we were in the building.

“for what?” I asked smiling at him.

“for ignoring him, and for dragging me away from him” his eyebrows were seriously frowning.

“you two really do not get on do you. Why is that?” I probed without realising it.

“family history, boring really, more so than geography” he joked following me towards the English classroom.

“but if he is all you have left, why do you hate him” I asked looking into his eyes.

“it all boils down to the same old story between brothers” he sighed and I could see his eyes were in the past.

“tell me at break” I whispered as we walked into the room.

***

“well, now is break time tell me” I demanded as we walked towards the playing field.

“we both fell for the same girl” he sighed and laid back on the grass, I copied him, and turned my head to face him, he turned his head to face me.

“and this girl, who did she choose?” I asked.

“both of us” he whispered.

“what? did you just say both of you” I questioned sitting up.

“Yes, she chose both of us to toy with, then she disappeared” he sat up too and looked into my eyes to judge my reaction.

“she sounds nasty” I commented.

“But Damon still loves her and blames me for her disappearance, he has promised to make my life a misery” he sighed and I could see deep down all he wanted was his older brother back.

“what about you, do you still love her” I asked not bothering with common decency anymore.

“no, I can see how she used me, how she used us, I never loved her, I was just in love with the idea of love. Damon cannot see things my way” as I looked in Stefan’s eyes I could see he was hiding something.