No Place Like Home

Wallys pov

Beep

Beep

Beep

So annoying. If your going to explode, explode already.

Wait....

What happened???

My eyes pop open, expecting to be back in that room, awaiting more torture.

But...

I wasn't.

I was in a clean white room. Alone. And boy did I freak out.

I died. I'm in limbo. Dead! Oh no... oh no oh no oh no... I don't know how to deal with this!! I sit up holding my head, in the middle of a panic attack.

Beepbeepbeepbeepbbbeeepp

My lungs constricted, no air reaching them. My heart pounded loudly In my ears. Tears fall from my eyes. I think about every bad thing. My mind playing them as a movie, my lungs begging for air.

The door I hadn't noticed bursts open,
"Kid!! Kid snap out of it! Breath! In out!!"

That voice. I take a short shaky breath,
"Thats it. Look at me and breath."
I look up at my uncle as he instructs me to brearh again. Slowly my heart goes back to normal, and I can breath properly.
"Jeez kid. Scared me half to death... again..."
"I'm not dead?" I ask, my voice barley a whisper.
"No. A few close calls but your fine now."
"O-okay... what about the others???" I ask quickly.
"Fine as well. Worried and healing... but your all safe now."
I let out a sigh of relief and lay back down. Sleep starts to take me, glad for a nice bed. One more question though,
"How long have I been out?"
He hesitates,
"About a month."

.....

That day exactly a month ago, the day I thought I was going to die. Barry was able to get me out of the vest seconds before it exploded. I was thrown from Barrys grip, already unconscious, and into a wall.
After a few close calls where they had to restart my heart, I was stable.
During the time we were being rescued, the Joker and other members of the light tried to break into mount justice. Of course the League had expected that and stopped them from reaching the rest of the team.
The League was also able to find the house we were being held in and erased all traces of our DNA. Don't ask how, I really don't know.
I was glad to hear Robin and Artemis were healing nicely. We were all in a private hospital, **cough** Bruce Wayne **cough**.
I was also glad that no one asked me for details about anything. For the most part I was left alone. My body weak but healing quickly over the past month, I'd be let out soon enough. My mother had already been through her therapy and was back to her old self. She'd visited with Aunt Iris a few times, her smile bright. I'm glad she didn't know about everything... like the fact my father wasn't caught.
I'd figured it out on my own. No one mentioned him. I knew it was a 'sensitive' subject, but they'd have told me if he was In jail. He's still out there, to be honest... that scares me.
"Wally. I heard you were awake."
Startled, I look up quickly and sigh at the sight of red hair,
"Roy. Whats up man?" I ask
"Nothin much, glad to see you awake. Although it is like you to sleep all the time." Roy says.
I crack a small smile, the normalcy of this situation calming.
"Old habits." I reply.
He smiles right back,
"You seen Rob or Artemis yet?" He asks
"Not yet. Uncle Barry won't let me leave the room until tomorrow." I say
His smile falters for a second,
"Where are you going to stay?" He asks
"With my mom. Shes already excited about having me back." I say
I'm not aloud to tell anyone where my mom and I are now. The one time Batman visited he said very simply that the only people aloud to know were my uncle, myself and mother, and Batman. He didn't say why, although I already knew, then left.
We'll still be in Keystone, hiding in plane sight.
"You okay?" Roy asks
I snap my head up, brought out of my thoughts,
"Yeah. Sorry dude. I'm fine." He looks at me skeptically but leaves it alone.
....

I didn't get a chance to see Dick or Artemis before I left with my mom. She chatted excitedly about the new place. Told me about my room. I don't know where she got all the money, but don't question it. Shes happy, thats all that matters, I don't want to ruin her happiness ever again. I've caused enough of her problems, from now on I'm going to be a better son for her.

....

3rd person.

Batman suspended Robin, Wallys and Artemis' team time. Even though he wasn't planning on sending any of the young teens out on missions any time soon. So everyone spent time at home with their familys.

Everything seemed fine. But things aren't always what they seem.

A/N
Well I guess thats it. Short, but over. As I said in the other chapter, let me know if you want a sequel, and if you want to be in it. Thank you again for reading! It means so much. You all rock!
-16