chapter 9

Chapter 9 :

I can feel stares of disbelief as I walk confidently to the pack house entrance.

Never broke my eye contact with a pair of grey eyes.

I stand next to my pack members.

"Greetings to the alpha of the Fire Claw pack," I said. Unlike others who bowed slightly to show respect to Connor, I didn't.

Although Connor was too shocked to even notice. The others did.

"How dare you didn't show your respect to an alpha!" another familiar whiny voice said.

Rebecca's face that I haven't seen for four years appear beside Connor. Holding his arm.

I look at Rebecca in irritation but then to their intertwined arms.

Surprisingly, I felt...

Nothing...

To my annoyance, Connor misinterpreted my stare.

His shocked face turns into a smug smile.

"Rebecca, no need to make a fuss. Everyone, please come in," Connor said, finally breaking our eye contact.

He then pointed at one of the pack members, asking them to help us with our luggages.

Irritated by Connor's scolding, Rebecca just stomps her feet away from us.

Right, so mature, Beatrice said sarcastically through our pack link.

The rest of us just chuckled and followed as they led us to our rooms. We all get our own space.

As we all settled in, someone knocked on my door.

Even without opening the door, I know who it is.

Debating with myself, I thought of just ignoring it. Nevertheless, I knew I couldn't avoid this situation forever.

"What do you want?" I questioned him directly as I opened the door.

Instead of answering me, Connor pushed me into the room. Shutting the door in the process.

"I know that someday you will crawl back here," he said with a smirk.

On the contrary of my mind that curses him endlessly, I smile seductively at Connor.

Approaching him slowly. I pull my hair on one side, exposing my smooth long neck.

Connor looked visibly stiff.

After all, I don't look the same as I was. My bonny figure now looks voluptuous, my golden hair is now glossy, and my skin glows.

In conclusion, I know I am an attractive woman.

The space between us shortens, and as his intoxicating smell gets stronger. He could also smell mine.

He inhales deeply.

His eyes full of lust.

Once we were close enough, I leaned closer to whisper into his ear.

Thinking I'm seducing him, Connor tried to put his hands on my hip.

"Did you think I came back for you?" I whisper, feeling him shiver.

He dropped his hands, looking puzzled by my question.

I smile and open the door.

"Get out," I said coldly.