Chapter 8

Chapter 8 :

We plan to leave for the Fire Claw Pack by dawn.

I was loading my stuff in one of the cars when Rick approached me.

"Feeling nervous?" Rick asked.

I shook my head, "No. Rather than nervous, I feel guilty"

Understanding what I'm implying, Rick just messed up my hair. Trying to cheer me up.

"There's nothing you can do kiddo"

"Damion was always there for me. I should've been there for him. At least for his last moment," I said regretfully.

Rick didn't say anything, but instead helped me load other luggages.

"Will you be okay?" he asked hesitantly.

I didn't answer him right away.

"I'm not the same person I was," I replied ambiguously.

The rest of the members that will join this mission start showing up. Mark, Merle, and Beatrice are coming with us.

"Let's get going," I said, trying to cheer up the mood.

Rick gave me a small smile before he entered the car.

I went to the garage to get my motorcycle. Finding long rides in a car are stuffy.

Jake leans on my bike, as if he's been waiting for me to come.

"Hey," he said. Opening his arm for me.

I hug him. Inhaling his scent while I'm burying my face on his shoulder. His hand rubbed my bad soothingly.

"I wish I could come with you," he said.

As the alpha of the pack, Jake can't leave the pack freely.

"I wish you could," I pouted.

Jake laughs at my childish antics.

"Show them how amazing you are," he said, stroking my cheek.

I step on my tip toe and kiss his lips.

What I intend to be a light peck turns into a passionate kiss. Putting his forehead on mine, we enjoy each other's company.

However, his eyes have a look of uncertainty.

"What's wrong?"

Jake sigh, didn't answer me directly.

"I'm worried..." he replied hesitantly.

"Of?"

"Of you... reunited with your mate..." he said with a low voice.

I felt a pang on my chest with the look he gave me. I've been drowning in my own concern and grieve that I didn't consider Jake's feelings.

I kiss him again.

"There's nothing to be worried about, Jake. I love you," I stare into his eyes.

Jake smiled with my reassurance. "I'll try to see if I can join you guys later"

I nodded and hopped on my motorcycle.

Jake kissed me again before helping me put on my helmet.

"Be safe," he said before I left the garage.

I supposed the others know I'll be occupied with Jake so they left first.

As I sped up to catch up with the rest, the tree on the side road passed in a blur.

After what seems like forever, the endless row of trees turns into a familiar road.

We are entering the Fire Claw pack's territory.

Not long after, a big white house came into view. Unconsciously, I rode my bike slowly. As if my body refuses to meet my old pack. Nothing much has changed here from my brief assessment.

The other two cars reached earlier than me. Rick, Mark, Merle, and Beatrice get down first.

Some of the Fire Claw pack members stood on the entrance.

Welcoming them.

"Welcome to the Fire Claw pack," a too familiar voice said, "I thought there would be five of you?"

Mark and Merle held their laughter, while Rick cleared his throat. Visibly looking uncomfortable.

"There she is," Beatrice said, pointing her fingers towards my direction.

Just on the right timing, I was parking my motorcycle.

I can feel everyone stares on my back. Detecting some lust from the males.

I heard one sharp intake. I guess he caught the smell of my scent.

As I took off my helmet, my long pale blonde hair fell effortlessly on my back. I ran my fingers through my hair and turned my head.

A pair of grey eyes widen in shock.

"Bella?"