Chapter 5

Chapter 5 :

I've been running non stop for days. Trying to put as much distance as possible from my old pack.

More than physically exhausted, the mate bond between me and Connor is torturing me.

Despite the distance, my heart longs for him.

I put my bag under a pine tree, as I rest.

I feel unwell. There's a burning sensation in my stomach and my body feels really hot.

To cool down a little bit, I made my way to the nearby river.

Snap!

However, before I could make it there, I heard a sound of a broken bone. To be precise, my bone.

The first sound followed by the others and I fell down.

Screams of agony escape my lips. All I can feel is pain.

The first shift is always painful, but it would be worse if your mate isn't there to guide you.

And I'm all alone.

As a matter of fact, not many she-wolf could survive the first shift without their mate.

Bones after bones snapped. The pain is unbearable and I start to wonder if I would die this way.

As I curled in the ground from the pain, my eyes caught the sight of five boys staring at me.

The one in the middle stood out from the rest. His black hair and amber eyes watch me with concern and curiosities.

"Shit! I think this is her first shift!" the boy with dirty blond hair said.

"No shit sherlock," the brown haired answer.

They looked at each other but finally focused their eyes on the boy in the middle.

"What should we do, alpha?" the other blond haired boy asked.

"I'm going to help her through her first shift," the middle boy said, confirming his status as alpha of the pack.

"Are you out of your mind?! It means you'll have a bond with her! Are you sure about that?"

"Then should I watch her die?" the alpha clicked his tongue.

Everyone went silent and the only thing I could hear was my own scream.

The alpha approached me and dropped on his knee.

"It hurts," I hissed.

He stroked my blond hair gently, trying to comfort me through my pain.

"Look, I'll help you to go through this," he said.

Another bone in my body broke painfully and I screamed once again.

"Listen to me," he said, "You have to tell your wolf to let it all out. Let her take full control over your body. Imagine yourself as a wolf."

I nodded my head and tried to speak to my wolf. Take over my body, please, I said.

I want my mate, she answers stubbornly.

"She wants her mate," I told the boy.

His amber eyes catch mine. "You have me. Allow me to help you. Everything is going to be fine, I promised," he said not only to me, but also to my wolf.

Not having any other choice, my wolf let the boy help us.

She knew if she doesn't allow it, both of us won't survive this. We will both die.

Feeling her surrender, I nodded at the boy, "She's ready," I told him. Despite the pain, I try my best to follow the boy's instructions.

I was in so much pain that I almost lost consciousness, when suddenly it stopped. My body felt limp as the pain faded. I lay on the ground unmoving. I didn't have the energy to move even if I wanted to. The boy scooped me up into his arms, softly asking if I was okay.

I nod my head and remain unmoved in his arms.

Only after gaining a little energy, my heavy eyelids start to flutter open. My sight and ears were sharper compared to when I was in my human form.

I looked at my hands but I found paws instead.

I felt someone brush my fur so I raised my head. A pair of ember eyes greet me, giving me a sense of security.

I don't know how to explain this. But there's a connection between us.

He stroked my fur and I purred.

He laughs and pat my head before he calls the other four boys who've been watching us the entire time.

"Rick! Throw over my shirt," the alpha said.

The boy with red hair, Rick walks behind a tree and returns with a shirt in his hand.

He passed it to the alpha.

"Go behind the tree and change," the amber-eyed boy said as he handed me his shirt. I took the shirt with my mouth and went to change.

I'm about to shift back when I realize that I didn't even know how to. So I go back and let out a bark. It's not loud, but enough for them to hear.

They look at me and laugh.

"You don't know how to shift back don't you?" one of them asked.

I just nod my head since I couldn't talk in my wolf form.

"Just close your eyes and imagine yourself in your human form," he chuckled.

As instructed, I imagine my blond long hair and blue eyes. The shape of my face and my body.

When I open my eyes, I'm no longer covered in fur.

I quickly put on the shirt, feeling grateful that the shirt is big and long enough to cover my ass.

It would be so embarrassing to walk around butt naked in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by five strangers.

Keeping my eyes on the ground, I walk towards them. I could feel five pairs of eyes stare curiously at me.

"Um... hi," I said but no one answer it. Well... This is awkward.

Eventually the boy with red hair cleared his throat, "Hey I'm Rick. Those are the twins, Mark and Merle," pointing at two boy with blond hair and green eyes. They waved at me. "The brown hair guy is Zack, he's the beta of the pack and the one who helped you before is Jake. He's our alpha," Rick quickly introduced all of them.

"Well... It's nice to meet you guys," I said.

Jake offers his hand, "It's nice to meet you too. It's about time we know your name?" he grinned.

"Call me Isa," I answered. Reaching out to shake his hand.

Our eyes widen as our hands touch.