Chapter 6

Chapter 6 :

Couple of weeks have passed since my encounter with the Silver Moon pack.

"Isa, are you in there?" Jake knocks on my door.

"Yeah," I said, stepping out of my bedroom. "What's up?"

"I just want to remind you that we're going to have training today," he smiled gently.

My lips twitched upward, also forming a small smile on my face.

"Let me change first. I'll meet you downstairs," I said.

Jake looked troubled before he hesitantly patted my hair. Being careful as if he's treating a wounded puppy.

The gesture was so gentle that I could barely feel it.

Still, I close my eyes as I enjoy his touch.

"Let me know if you need anything," he said. His hand moved from my hair to cup my cheek.

I nod my head.

Feeling satisfied with my answer, Jake headed downstairs.

Even after Jake left, my cheek still tingled from his touch.

Although it's not as strong as with Connors, there's a connection between me and Jake. Sparks fly whenever our skin touches. I can even read his feelings if I concentrate enough.

The only explanation we can think of is our bond formed when Jake helped me through my first shift. Our wolves intertwined with each other during the process.

I changed into my work out attire and headed to the backyard.

I greeted a couple of people upon my arrival.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask no one in particular.

Rick then suggested we do a hunting game as today's training. The rules are simple. We split into two groups; hunter and prey. The latter are allowed to enter the forest 10 minutes earlier before the hunter team starts the chase. This training purpose is to test our hiding, tracking, and combat skills.

Most of the guys I met in the forest are in the hunter teams, whereas I'm placed in the prey team.

Jake's eyes meet mine.

He nodded his head as if to encourage me to do my best. I smiled in return before I ran into the forest.

I run as fast as I can while trying to mask my scent. It's an ability that not everyone can do.

I ran deeper into the forest, almost near the pack's border.

I must be pretty far from the others since it's so quiet here. I walk to the lake and splash the cold water to my face and drink a little.

That's refreshing, I thought.

I sat under a huge tree and took a rest. My eyes drink the beautiful scenery in front of me.

To my surprise, my wolf started a conversation.

'Don't you miss Connor, Isabella?' my wolf asked me.

I sigh and ask her back, 'Are you seriously going to ruin this beautiful and peaceful moment with that question?'

'I didn't mean to. I can't help it. I just missed my mate,' she admits sadly.

I understand what she's been through. I really do. She's a part of me and I feel the same pain as she does.

But Connor made his own choice and we have to respect that.