Chapter Eighteen

Living Royal

Chapter Eighteen

"Are you alright, Bella?" Alice asked.

"Yes, yes. I'm totally fine. I may be a bit nervous but I'm not scared and I'm definitely not running away this time. Let's just do this." Bella replied.

"Just relax, Bella. You're giving off some pretty tense vibes. Everything's going to be fine." Jasper advised.

"Umm-hmm. Yeah, I know." Bella muttered. "Can we go now?"

Bella and Edward along with Jasper and Alice had arrived at the Palace early that day and were led to their rooms right away. They had rested and gotten comfortable before they started getting ready for the ball. Edward had invited Jasper and Alice along because he didn't want Bella to feel as left out as she had the time before.

He had gone down to the ballroom early because he was supposed to greet the guests with his parents.

Bella hadn't seen hide nor tail of the King and Queen yet. That only served to make her more nervous.

"Alright, let's go in. Edward must be wondering where we've run off to." Jasper led both girls through the double doors that led to the ballroom.

Everyone stopped and stared, since it was their usual routine. The masks must have not worked after all. She is still very much recognizable, it seems. Bella lifted her shoulders and stood tall, ignoring some of the malicious looks that were sent her way.

She spotted Edward standing across the room speaking with an old couple. He lifted his head for a moment and then noticed her. He excused himself from the couple and walked purposely towards where they were standing.

Bella's heart beat sped up with every step he took. She looked around the room to gauge everyone's reaction. They seemed to be waiting with bated breath, anticipating what will happen next.

Edward reached her side quickly and kissed her hand chastely.

"You look gorgeous." He leaned in to whisper.

Bella smiled radiantly back at him. He looked so yummy in his tuxedo that Bella wanted to jump him right then and there. She didn't think that everyone present would appreciate that though.

"Alice picked the dress." She shrugged.

"Though I think Alice's taste is remarkable, it's not the dress I was referring too, love."

Bella blushed. That man would be the death of her.

"Aw, you guys are so adorable together!" Alice remarked.

Bella had completely forgotten that Alice and Jasper were standing next to them. She blushed even deeper. Edward must have forgotten too since he looked a bit embarrassed.

He greeted Jasper and Alice and then led them all to where the King and Queen sat at the head table. Bella wished the earth would open up swallow her. She really didn't want to do this, to see them again so soon, but she knew she had to.

If she wanted to be a part of Edward's life, which she really did, she would have to learn to deal with situations like this. A lot.

As they approached, Bella noticed that the King wore the same sour expression he always did in her presence, while the Queen smiled radiantly at her and Edward.

"Bella, it is so good to see you again." The Queen greeted her.

"It's great to see you too, Your Highness."