Chapter Seven

Living Royal

Chapter Seven

"I have a date with Edward Cullen."

No matter how many times Bella said it, she still could not believe that it was true. How could she? In what universe would plain old Bella Swan attract the attention of a Prince and one of the most eligible bachelors in the world?

Yet, it has happened.

Now, she had to learn how to deal with it during the three hours that were left before their date.

"Bella, you have to stop freaking out." Alice tried to calm her down as she started to hyperventilate when it came time to pick an outfit.

"Freaking out? Who's freaking out? I'm not freaking out." Bella babbled quickly.

"Yes, you are, but there's no need to."

"No need to? Are you crazy? I could totally screw this up and I'd have no one to blame but myself."

"You're not going to screw this up, Bella. He's already smitten with you. We've all seen it."

"No, he's not. This could very well be just another date for him."

"Well, only time will tell then, won't it? Now, can you please hold still so I can do your make-up?"

"I don't understand why I have to dress up so much, Alice. We're just going to a bar." Bella complained.

"Are you kidding? There's bound to be paparazzi all over the place as soon as you step off campus. Do you really want them to see you in your jeans and converse?"

"Guess not." Bella mumbled. She had completely forgotten about the damn paparazzi. She'd only ever seen Edward on campus where they weren't allowed. It would be a totally different territory she'd be stepping into.

Great, now she was even more nervous.

"Bella, just relax. It's going to be fine. Jasper and I will be there anyway, but if you ever need us to take off just give me a sign and we'll be out of there in a second." She grinned at Bella.

"No, no no no! You're staying with me if I have to tie you to the damn chair, Alice."

"God, you're so unreasonable…Fine, we'll stay with you. You need a little guidance anyway. So, I'll be there to point you in the right direction." Alice stated confidently.

They spent the next two hours getting ready.

Yup, two hours.

Two torturous hours of pulling and primping, all for his Royal Highness.

Bella was getting cranky and that was not a good beginning to the night ahead. She tried to calm herself down by thinking of the one thing that'd been on her mind lately.

Edward.

His green eyes, bronze hair, his square jaw.

And that body.

Deep breaths, Bella, deep breaths.

"Are you ready, Bella?" Alice asked when they were done getting dressed.

"Yeah, I am. Let's go."

The boys were waiting for them at the bar already and they didn't want to be too late. Although, Alice insisted, that they had to be late enough in order to make a grand entrance.