Chapter Thirty Four

Living Royal

Chapter Thirty Four

As Edward carried Bella inside, she glanced around the magnificent interior of the villa. It was beyond beautiful. She could definitely get used to this. The inside was sparsely furnished with elegant but comfortable looking furniture, along with beautiful antiques.

Edward slid Bella down slowly down his body until her feet touched the floor. When she stood upright her held her close and whispered, "Do you want the tour now, or should we save that until…later?" One side of his mouth lifted forming her favorite smirk.

Feeling his hot breath on her skin sent shivers down her spine.

"Definitely later," Bella whispered breathlessly.

Edward quickly scooped her up again and climbed the stairs heading directly for the master bedroom.

As soon as they reached it, Edward let her down and pulled her closer for a kiss. A kiss so sweet and so passionate that had it not been for Edward's hands holding her upright, Bella was pretty sure her knees would have given out.

Clothes were very quickly discarded between kisses. Edward kept backing Bella up until her knees hit the bed and they both tumbled back onto it.

"I love you, Mrs Cullen." Edward moaned against his wife's lips.

"I love you too, Mr Cullen." Bella smiled radiantly.

For the next several hours and until the sun set that day, the room was only filled with the newly wedded couple's moans and whispered words of love.

-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-

Edward was lying on his back with Bella's head on his chest. He had his arms around her and was running his fingers through her hair. He honestly couldn't remember ever experiencing a more blissful moment throughout his entire life.

"Bella?" Edward whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Are you happy?" He asked.

Bella raised her head a bit to look at him in confusion.

"Of course I am. What kind of question is that?"

Edward shrugged, "Just making sure. It is my mission in life to make you happy, you know."

Bella's heart melted at his words. She got up, lifting one leg and resting it on Edward's other side so that she was straddling him. She bent her head and kissed him.

"I'm ecstatic." She said against his lips.

Edward quickly flipped them over so that he was on top. "I'm glad." He grinned before kissing her.

All other thoughts about attempted conversations flew out the window until the next morning.

-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-LR-

Edward woke Bella up with the mouth watering smell of a continental breakfast that he had prepared himself.

Could that man be any more perfect?

They ate breakfast together lounging in bed, and afterwards got ready to go out and explore the city. Bella already knew that it was going to be difficult because virtually everyone in the world knew that the British Royal couple was currently honeymooning in France, but Edward kept reassuring her that it would be fine, so she tried not to worry and focus on enjoying herself with her husband.

Husband.

Bella had to mentally stop herself from squealing out loud every time she so much as thought of the word husband in relation to Edward.

Bella finished dressing in a flowy grey dress with a pair of flats. She wanted to take advantage of her last days of freedom before having to wear heels for the rest of her life. You'd think that being a princess would allow you to do what you wanted to do, but apparently the package came with a whole set of rules and regulations. She would have to keep on taking her etiquette lessons until she became totally informed in the delicate arts of becoming a queen.

She realized though, that she didn't mind all of that. It was a small price to pay, but it was going to allow her to help people and become a queen that would be admired for what she did.

Bella left the bedroom so deep in thought that she almost bumped into Edward standing right outside the door.

"Whoa there," Edward held on to her before she could trip. "I came to check on you, you were taking too long to get ready, that's not like you." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear while frowning at her in concern.

"Hey, it's not easy to look this pretty all the time, you know." She teased him with a wink.

He laid his hands on her hips and pulled her forward until her body touched his.

"You'd look gorgeous in a sack and you know it."

"No, I don't." She blushed and looked down in embarrassment. It would take her a long time to get used to his compliments. She just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that someone could love her as wholeheartedly as Edward did.

"That's one of the reasons I love you so much, sweetheart. You're so modest that you're completely unaware of how amazing you truly are."

Bella was sure that her face was tomato red by then.

"Okay, enough with the compliments. Let's get out of here before I lose control and drag you back to bed." She beamed at him.

"You know, I really wouldn't mind that too much." He smirked.

Bella rolled her eyes, "Of course, you wouldn't and neither would I, but we also know that if we do that we won't be coming out any time soon and I really want to get to see Paris this time." She pouted.

"Alright, then let's get out of here before it's too late." Edward said hurriedly, and then pulled her to the front door quickly. Bella giggled hard, she loved it when he acted goofy.

The car was waiting for them outside, of course, along with the same driver that had driven them from the airport. They got in as he held the door for them and then Edward gave him instructions as to where he wanted him to take them…in French.

God, that was sexy. Bella thought.

Bella was too busy drooling over her husband's French accent that she didn't notice where they were going until they got there.

It was the Louvre. Bella was mystified from the beginning of the visit until the very end. It was all so surreal. She was at the cultural meeting point of so many cultures, it was all phenomenal. People recognized them, naturally, but it wasn't as bad as Bella expected it would be. They were all very polite and courteous and Bella and Edward even took a few photos with some of them.

During the following days, they visited the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Arc de Triumphe and they ended the tour with the Eiffel Tower where Edward took her to the top level, which was surprisingly secluded, Bella suspected that Edward had something to do with that, and he kissed her senseless.

Their mornings were spent exploring the cities while at night they were busy exploring each other.

One of these mornings, however, was interrupted by a cleaning crew that came to clean the villa since they'd been there for an entire week. Edward and Bella shuffled into one of the guest rooms until the crew was done.

Fortunately, this room led to the spacious back yard where there was a hammock and a beautiful pool. Edward sprawled down in the middle of the hammock and pulled Bella down so she was lying next to him, in his arms.

"We haven't tried the pool out yet." Bella smiled.

"Do you want to go for a swim now?" Edward asked.

"No, I'd rather we do it after the cleaning crew's gone."

"We don't have to wait; they won't come out here anyway."

"Are you sure?" Bell asked, seeking confirmation. She really didn't relish the thought of someone seeing her in a bathing suit of any kind, even though it'd happened before and was printed on every newspaper across the continent.

"Yes, come on. Let's go change." He jumped out of the hammock and extended his hand to help Bella up.

The crew were done with the master bedroom by then so Bella and Edward quickly changed into their bathing suits and headed back down to the pool. Before Bella had a chance to test out the water, Edward carried her and jumped with her into the water.

"Edward!" Bella yelled as she emerged from the water.

"What?" He looked at her innocently. "It's more fun this way."

Bella splashed him with water playfully, that caused an all out splashing war to break out. After they calmed down a bit they floated around next to each other, exchanging kisses every now and then.

By the time they were done, the house was cleaned and everyone had already left. Edward and Bella headed to bed early that night because they had an early flight the next morning. They were headed for Italy as planned to spend the rest of their honeymoon there.

If Bella was excited about Paris, she was beyond excited about Italy. She loved it from the moment she stepped off the plane with Edward in Rome; the weather, the sites, the people; it was all beautiful and so inviting.

This time they decided to stay at a hotel. Edward had reserved the presidential suite at one of the largest hotels in Rome, even though Bella told him that they didn't have to stay at a place that was so extravagant, but Edward insisted that his bride needed to be spoiled.

They had a great time taking in the sights, even though Edward had been there before; he said that it was so much fun seeing it through Bella's eyes, it made him feel like he was seeing it all for the very first time.

They threw coins in the Trevi Fountain, amidst clapping and cheering of passersby and tourists that were visiting the area. They also visited the Vatican and rode a gondola.

The last part had to be the most interesting for Bella. Bella had no clue how Edward managed it but he arranged for a guitar to be there on the boat and he played it while serenading Bella…in Italian.

That was even sexier than his French!

Bella leaned back in her seat and admired her husband as he sang for her. He was casually dressed in a white shirt and dark jeans. His shirt's top buttons were open allowing Bella a view of his magnificent chest. The wind played with his hair making it fall over his eyes.

God, the man was gorgeous.

Edward noticed where Bella's eyes were wandering and he smirked. Bella winked back unashamedly, for once. He was her husband, after all; she was entitled to look at him all she wanted.

They hurried back to their hotel after that and spent the night wrapped up in each other.

Bella felt like they were in their own private bubble. She wished they could remain like that forever.

She should've known that wasn't possible.

The next morning, their bubble popped with one phone call from King Carlisle.

Edward answered it, cordially at first then it quickly became apparent to Bella that he was getting riled up.

"You've got to be joking." Edward hissed into the phone. "Well, can't this wait? I'm on my honeymoon for Christ's sake! No! We're not doing this now, it can damn well wait."

Bella tried gesturing to Edward, silently asking him what was going on. His anger was beginning to scare her.

When Edward saw how worried she was, he sighed and closed his eyes trying to calm down.

"Fine," He muttered. "Yes, fine. I'll talk to Bella, but I'm not making any promises and I'm definitely not making her do this if she doesn't want to."

Now, Bella was dying to know what that was about.

Edward quickly ended the call and sank down heavily on the bed next to her.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"My father," Edward grated. "He wants us to make an official visit with some Italian dignitaries and officials while we're here. The press is going to be there."

"Oh, is that it?" Honestly, Bella was expecting something much worse.

Edward was shocked at Bella's nonchalance.

"You're okay with that? But it's our honeymoon."

"I know, but I guess we're going to have to get used to it, won't we? Having our trips cut short in order to do official state business. We might as well get used to it." She ran her fingers through his hair as his head rested next to her hips on the bed. It always seemed to calm him down.

Fortunately, it worked now too. Edward took a deep breath and moaned.

"You really must be an angel sent from heaven just for me." He whispered, almost to himself.

"Nope, I'm just Bella." She shrugged.

"Exactly," Edward grinned as though that explained everything. Bella bent her head and kissed, just because she felt like it.

"Come on, we should get ready." She started to rise from the bed but Edward stopped her.

"Bella, are you sure you're okay with this? If you don't want to do this, then I'll call my father and tell him to deal with it some other way."

"No, Edward, don't. I'm fine with it, really. It'll just be one day, we've still got the rest of the week to ourselves. And," She ragged out the last word playfully. "We have tonight too." She grinned as she leaned closer to him, kissing him quickly before getting up quickly to change, leaving Edward gazing at her adoringly from the bed.

She dressed in the only dress she had that looked like it suited official political meetings.

"Beautiful," She heard a whisper from behind her as she finished the last touches of her make-up.

She turned to see Edward standing there staring at her as though she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, her insides fluttered as they usually did whenever he looked at her.

"But it looks like something's missing." He went on.

Bella frowned looking down at her dress.

"What?" She asked.

"This," His hands that were behind his back so far came forward and in them he held a gorgeous pendant necklace with brown stones. It was gorgeous.

"Edward, this is beautiful, but what's the occasion?"

"I hadn't bought you a wedding gift yet and then I saw this and it reminded me of your eyes." He said as he put it on her and tied it at the back while Bella held her hair aside.

When he was done he kissed the side of her neck.

"Thank you, Edward. I love it."

"You're very welcome." He hugged her from behind as they stood in front of the mirror.

They had to leave soon after that. This time, Edward drove. They arrived in a few minutes and were lead inside an old building that had Italian writing on the front.

"Hello, Your Highnesses." A short bald man greeted them as soon as they stepped inside, "Mr Volturi is expecting you." He said.

Edward nodded and they followed the man to where the meeting would be held.

Bella's stomach suddenly turned into knots when she realized she really had no idea how to act during meetings like these.

What had she gotten herself into?

(A/N): Yeah, that's a lot of fluff! But I love fluff, so.. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR…and Merry Christmas (even though it's a bit late, sorry)

What did you think? Please comment and let me know! :)

Pease join the LR group on Facebook for photos and Teaser…etc :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/240227882707835/