Chapter Twelve

Living Royal

Chapter Twelve

After the disastrous birthday party the night before, Bella wasn’t looking forward to the day ahead of her as she woke up the next day. She brightened up however when she saw Edward’s sleeping form beside her, his chest rising and falling peacefully in his sleep. Bella smiled as she took in his handsome face. His beautiful bronze hair was all askew, of course, but it still looked delicious. His long thick eyelashes rested on his cheeks.

Oh God, Bella. You’re talking about the man’s lashes, now?! You must be going crazy.

Or maybe just in love.

“Are you done checking me out?” Edward said all of a sudden snapping Bella out of her day dream.

“Oh, I thought you were sleeping,” Bella blushed.

Edward grinned, “So, you’re only going to check me out if I’m sleeping?”

“I wasn’t checking you out. I was simply admiring your perfect male physique.” Bella replied, getting some of her earlier confidence back.

Edward, taking Bella by surprise, suddenly rolled so that he was laying half on top of her.

“Be careful there, love. You’re giving me a huge ego.” He then proceeded to kiss the breath out of her.

He called her love.

She’d never get tired of hearing that.

She was definitely melting.

His lips moved along with hers in perfect synchronization. It was as though they’d been doing this all their lives.

Edward’s tongue pushed against Bella’s teeth asking for admittance and Bella complied by opening her lips further. They both moaned loudly as they continued to kiss.

Several minutes passed before Edward pulled away.

“God, Bella. You’re going to be the death of me.” He panted.

“Ditto.” She breathed.

They lounged in bed for a while longer before Edward asked if she wanted to have a look around the palace gardens before they needed to get ready to head to the airport and she agreed since she hadn’t gotten a chance the day before.

Their breakfast had been delivered to their room. Bella was grateful that they didn’t have to eat with the family. She wasn’t ready to see King Carlisle yet. After breakfast, they both got dressed and then made their way downstairs to the gardens. They spent the next couple of hours, holding hands while Edward told her about the monuments that were erected there.