Chapter 33 - Telling Becky

∞ᴪ∞

Chapter 33 – Telling Becky

I took another incredulous look around the interiors of the plane. The span of carpeted flooring contained no more than twelve big beige leather swathed seats arranged in two columns.

At the back was a lounge with two single beds on the either side concealed by maroon and beige curtains. In the center of the small drawing area was a humongous flat screen TV surrounded by sleek black speakers, disc players, a couple of game consoles and a desktop computer. Board games were stacked neatly over a miniature air hockey table complete with digital scoreboards.

A loud gasp left my lips just thinking about it as I sat nervously at one of the big plush chesterfields that centered the drawing area. Leon sat comfortably perched on the armrest of my seat, giving a light squeeze on my hand perhaps as a form of encouragement.

Gerald, Moira, Arthur and the bodyguards parked themselves on the wide first-class looking seats in front, leaving us completely alone as Leon had requested.

I cleared my throat as Becky’s eyes grew with sheer anticipation. I hesitated, stopping to look at Kidnap laying on the floor, his tiny brown snout resting on my feet, his floppy ears pointing up as he stirred every now and then.

“Becky, I ought to tell you something. But you should swear to never tell anybody else.” I said managing to hide the trembling in my voice. “Please don’t get angry at me for keeping this a secret because Becky, as much as you’re the best friend in the whole world, you know how bad you are at keeping secrets and—”

“So I’m your BFF and I’m such a blabber mouth; I get it. Now cut the crap and spit it out, will you? We’re twenty thousand feet on air inside a freaking private jet and you’re killing me. I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s either you’re members of some underground syndicate or I’m being Punked. ” Becky shifted her blue eyes with a rather worried smile.

Leon sniggered quietly beside me. I bit my lip.

“Well… you see… Leonard. He is… he is n-not who you think he is and—”

“Sarah!” Becky cut my rambling, looking frantic as she hoisted herself uneasily on her chair. “J-just… tell me okay? What about Leonard?”

“Okay, okay. So he is…” I glanced at Leon who nodded encouragingly with a sweet smile, then to Becky whose eyes glimmered with anticipation. “He is Leon Walden.”

Silence.

Becky’s expression was something between disbelief and marvel though I could sense that she was starting to digest it. “Leon what?” said she with a shaky voice.

During Leon’s first day at school, I remember saying those same exact words to Becky.

Leon what?

An unexpected laughter left my lips.

“Leon Walden. The Leon Walden. Jeremiah? The Foreboding? Treasure Island 3? Ring any bells?” I held back a snigger as I recited the exact same words she told me. Becky’s eyes widened with surprise as though she had just seen a pony talk. “Becky?”

Leon smiled kissing my hair, perhaps as a form of reward which just about made my heart jump out of my throat. Suddenly I felt like shrieking; just like what Becky usually does whenever she gets excited, but I should know better than that. Sigh. (I know right?)

“May I?” Leon said motioning his long fingers on the beanie he was wearing and I nodded almost amused. So there. Leon pulled the skull cap off his head, revealing his tousled dark hair, ditched those thick pair of damned glasses and Becky just stared wide-eyed with her lips parted in awe.

“The braces.” I said offering my palm to catch it.

Leon winced. “Uh-uh.” He said shaking his head. “It’s disgusting. I’ll go to the bathroom.”

Rolling my eyes, I grudgingly snatched a napkin from the center table. “Here, you’re such a baby.”

“Excuse me? I am so not.” He muttered with a wide taunting grin before turning away to get rid of the fake braces.

“Are too.” I sniggered when he was done.

Becky just about begun to hyperventilate and I started the countdown. Three Mississippi… Two Mississippi… One Mississippi…

Becky’s signature scream of excitement slash surprise came right on time and behind me, I just heard Gerald jump out of his seat, bawling a couple of curses under his breath as he did.

Arthur’s soft chuckle very much like Leon, chimed against the high altitude dull atmosphere as Kidnap scuttled angrily to his lap.

“Oh my gosh! Oh… my… gosh!!!” Becky got over the hyperventilation and jumped at me. “My best friend’s boyfriend is Leon Walden! I can’t believe it! And you!” She turned to Leon laughing. “Look at you! You’re not… nerdy anymore.”

“Becky, breathe.” I hushed her and she started hyperventilating again. “Focus, please?”

“Okay,” She breathed deeply in and out but the excitement never left her face. “I’m focused now.” She didn’t look anywhere near focused.

“It’s a secret. Nobody else should know. If someone finds out, Leon will have to move away and I’ll be miserable for life or maybe jump from the top of a building—“

Leon threw me a fierce glare and pulled me closer to him while Becky nodded almost too attentively.

“Sorry, I didn’t really mean what I said.” I winced at him then turned to Becky. “Well you get the point… so don’t tell anyone.”

“Okay. I swear I won’t tell anyone. If I break my word, I’d be cursed and my hair would all fall off.” She chirped with a grin.

That was way easy. Too easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is a short chapter but I will post tomorrow same time... Promise :) so keep reading and vote  if it's worth it. If there's something you wanna tell me, leave a comment :) It will be super appreciated :)