Chapter 7- Last Hope, First Ally

------------

**********************

>_< All those are are still interested in this story, tell my life to stop overloading me!! Apparently a new promotion means more crazy hours. Which in return means less time to write. Le sigh. Alright well, had a little free time and decided to write up a quick little something to not leave you lingering too long.

**********************

 ------------

Margaret knocked solidly on the door that should open to my brother's home. Of course with my current state of 'life' and our triple lack of knowledge of the area we were taking a wild guess that this was the right place. During the trip I had started doubting the information I had remembered. Cecilia claimed that it was just nervousness that I would soon be standing before my brother – although chances were that I would be the one doing all the staring and he wouldn't even know of my prensence.

Cecilia grew nervous and impatient and grabbed her grandmother's arm to pull her away when no answer came to the door. But Margaret may have been old, she wasn't easily kicked off her path and her she claimed that her 'path' said that this was the right house. Again she knocked, a few more raps than the first time and with more force. Whether her technique worked or it was just lucked I had no clue, but moments later the door opened and Tiffany stood in the doorway.

''Yes, how can I help you?'' she asked, looking between Margaret and Cecilia with a welcoming smile.

''Thats Tiffany.'' I informed them.

''My name is Margaret Morel and this is my granddaughter, Cecilia Morel. We're here to see your father, Frederick Rose?''

''Sure, come in. I'll go get him.'' Tiffany opened the door wider to let us in before closing the door and pointing off to a small living room to the side of the hallway. Then she left, calling out for her father.

''How are you going to go about telling him about our family? He probably has no clue, just like I didn't know.'' I asked Margaret.

''I'll just tell him straight out. If he doesn't believe me, Cecilia and I have got more than one trick to prove ourselves.'' she answered as she took a seat on one of the sofas.

She quickly dismissed me and turned to Cecilia. They spoke about the trip and other random, boring things that would not seem suspicious if anyone was eavesdropping. Then again, if someone was eavesdropping, they would probably already think Margaret was insane for speaking alone since Cecilia had not spoken a word during our exchange. However, while they exchanged boring small talk, I paced the room in nervousness. I was going to see my brother – I had watched him grow up but somehow it was different. This time he would know I was here. He would find out everything. I wished that he would understand and not throw us out while calling us names. Then again, if that happened, he would technically be throwing Margaret and Cecilia out... I could always stay if I chose to.

My wild train of thought of how I could end up haunting my brother's family was interrupted as Tiffany and Fred came into the room. Fred exchanged a basic greeting and introduction with the Morel's including a very buisness-like hand shake and finally took a seat on an opposing sofa from them with Tiffany.

''How may I be of help to you?'' he chose to dive straight into the buisness on hand rather than start with small talk. This seemed to please Margaret as she sat up straighter and folded her hands in her lap, staring Fred right in the eyes.

''I'm here as an ally to the Rose clan to offer you help, support and protection for the upcoming dangers your family is going to face.'' I stared at Margaret. Somehow, it all sounded so politically correct that she never used the term 'witch' and yet, the meaning was hidden just under the surface of her words. I turned to watch Fred's reaction who remained neutral and unmoving.