Chapter 17- First Memory, Last Nark

*** Author's note: I'm not a fan of begining chapters with an author's note, but I feel like these ones deserve one. I just want to say that I am sorry if the point of view is a little off, having a little trouble putting the scenes I want exactly as I want with a main character stuck in her head. I hope its still enjoyable to read and doesn't come off too badly. ***

The first day I woke to this world, I expected none of this crazy supernatural stuff. Even after everything I was put through, being locked inside my own mind was not something I thought possible. And yet, here I was. Watching life play out as if watching a movie. At the very least, whoever did currently have control knew me very well. There had also not been any bloodshed or weird moments. It made the entire ordeal that much more eerie.

''Look at these flowers, mom!'' Aleanne squealed, running in with a bouquet of the purple and red flowers.

Jolianne headed into the camper and Alexanne followed up behind her. When they came back, Alexanne held a vase with the flowers in it. My focus zoomed in on the flowers, the red spots shooting out at me. The blow sent me reeling backwards and somehow, it took my body with it. My body was thrown backwards by an invisible force while she was sitting at a picnic table. The wooden seat broke where her legs pushed against. The table on which she landed, fell apart under her crashing weight. I felt no pain from the knock-back, as I had no body. But I knew what pain my body would be in.

Alexanne and Jolianne came running towards me, yelling for Richard to call the ambulance. The vase Alexanne had been holding was crashed near the steps to the camper. And again, my body's vision turned to darkness with those flowers in view.

I knew those flowers now, though. That crash had been my memories. My life, my death, my prison and my rebirth.

A few broken ribs, ripped calf muscles and a concussion was the result of the very dramatic return of my memories. Still, I felt no pain. But I yearned to feel the pain. Anything would be better than being stuck inside myself. It did however, give me all the time I needed to go over these returned memories. Analyse and evaluate everything that was up 'til now unclear.

I understood the familiarity of Yohan's touch now. I also understood my reluctance to advance towards Jay. It didn't help clear up the ever growing hostility between the two. I watched the tension grow in the room as each one took a place at my side, neither willing to give up what had grown between us over time. Yohan didn't seem to consider Jay as a threat, but Jay obviously saw Yohan as an obstacle. One to be removed.

I could see that Jay wished that Yohan wouldn't have appeared. I saw the way his eyes remained locked on Yohan, without letting go of my hand while Yohan's attention was entirely on me.

I will give you a few minutes of control. I will not warn when I take back the control.

I spun around on myself, half expecting to have another person with me in my head. How odd that would have been, but there was nothing. No one. The words simply wrapped and twisted around me. I shifted my focus back to the eyes, the windows of my mind and slowly I felt myself approaching. I wasn't actually moving, now were the eyes approaching. It felt like my consciousness was being slipped back into its proper place.

It was a smooth process. At the very last moment, I saw a wave of the ocean crash above and around me. In its very center, a core of darkness that shifted and twirled inside the watery cage. The darkness was thinning itself out, spreading itself into tendrils that twisted and turned with the current of a wave. Moments before my sight returned to me, I saw one tendril manage to slip just slightly out of the water before the wave roared and engulfed it once again.