Chapter 6- Last Sight, First Love: Yohan (P. 1)

Tiffany was alright – that was such a relief to hear. She hadn't hurt herself when she fell and she was already talking and laughing with her father. However, she refused to answer why she had collapsed. I couldn't wait to be alone with her to speak about it. At least now there was someone else who knew of Tammy's presence in my life.

Fred finally decided to leave and Tiffany and I were left in silence. I decided to break it first. ''You're not crazy. What happened is real.'' I stated.

''Real? I'm sorry but that is the most unreal aspect of my life so far!'' her voice was raised but remained low enough so that others in the house wouldn't hear her. I tried to picture her face from the few times I had touched it but all that came up was a blurry image.

''Actually, ghosts are real. Your aunt isn't the first I've seen. She is however, the first that I have touched.'' I stood and made my way slowly towards her, taking a seat on the edge of the bed in which she lay. I could easily guess that the bed was a King or bigger since I was comfortably seated on the side and couldn't feel her form.

''See? Are you really trying to make me believe that you can't 'see' and yet you 'see' ghosts?'' her voice was mocking and it hurt me a bit – I simply shrugged. Not my fault she couldn't believe the truth. ''Wow, you seemed so smart when we first met but you are seriously heading down hill, Yohan.''

''Heading down hill? You think I'm crazy? Sure, my family may have certain secrets that to you sound 'crazy' but don't speak to fast about crazy.'' I stood up, angry and quickly took out my walking cane. ''Your own life is about to spin around because of one ghost.'' I muttered too low for her to hear as I made my way out of her room.

''You're walking out on me?'' she asked, sounding sad.

''You think I'm crazy, didn't think you'd want me here.'' I stated, not bothering to turn around.

Her laugh surprised me. It was soft and sweet, so very different from her voice as it judged and mocked me. ''When we love someone, we love them in their entirety. Quirks and all. Crazy or sane.'' Her choice of words made me frown. She couldn't mean it the way it sounded. ''I'm in love with you, Yohan. Not a simple, childish crush. I'll be an adult soon too, there won't be anything wrong with sharing this love. Unless you don't return it...''

I turned to face her, realizing only after that the movement was useless – old habits die hard. ''Tiffany...''

''Don't refuse me just yet.'' her voice was soft and pleading. I yearned to be able to see her face. Was she frowining, sad, hopeful? ''Go home and think about it. Please at least think about it.''

I simply nodded, turned away again and left her room and her house, hailed a cab and headed back to my own home. On the drive home, my thoughts were torn between trying to analyse Tiffany's declaration of love and my own hope to find a familar, colored aura sitting on my window sill.

I was disappointed when I arrived to find the appartment lacking the aura I wanted to see.

I woke up to the sound of my phone, groaned and reached out to answer.

''Get your lazy ass out of bed and over here immediately.'' my grandfather's loud, grating voice sounded through the reciever.

''Why?'' I grumbled. I didn't need him to answer, I had a pretty good idea why.

''Its time you stopped running from who you are! Time is almost up!'' without another word he hung up.

I squeezed the phone and resisted the urge the throw it across the room. Instead I took a deep breath and proceede to get up and get dressed. I knew exactly what I was wearing- my maid always took the time to prepare outfits in my closet and identify them with a brail tag. Some things were obvious to identify such as the material or designs that were stitched into the material or things like short or long, heavy or light. However, apparently matching colors when blind was impossible. This was what my maid took the time to add on the tags. I was now wearing light blue jeans with a black t-shirt of some band I'd never heard of. The jeans the ripped at the knees, had side and back pockets and I took the time to add my favorite studded belt. The t-shirt was tight fitting but long enough to hide my belt if need be. I finished my outfit with my cap and shoes and grabbed my cane and keys before I headed out.