Sneakpeaks

Here is our very exclusive sneakpeak from @Stefymay from her book The reapers keeper.

Exclusive sneakpeak to The Reapers Keeper, Chapter 37

The base was filled to its capacity, every house in this ghost town was occupied, and looking like it was back to its working metropolis, other than what it really was. A way point for a war against Death, a meeting point for those who would fight to stop the apocalypse.

Everyone was on edge, you could feel the tension in the air. Conquest hadn’t returned or sent word on whether she was successful or not in convincing War to join us or at least not to join D.

D was getting closer, I knew this because the nightmares where becoming more frequent and ghosts started to show up within the town. They were nearing, closing in on us, that or D had killed a butt load of people and there were now more ghosts than actual humans, which I really don’t think D was dumb enough to waste his one and only power source for controlling the army he so much wanted, so that only left one option, they were near. Ethan tried to send us away but he was reminded that if I leave D will follow me, because the ghosts followed me and there was no way Van and my Aunt would leave me while all this was happening.

So we stayed and prepared the town for the fight. We had a special room to hide in, it was called the salt room. It turns out Ethan had thrown Vicky’s ghost with salt from the River Styx, that’s how he scared her away and he collected more, getting enough to mix into cement and apply it to the walls of one room with no windows. We were ordered to go in there and wait until the war was over. My reply was a snort and a as if I’ll let someone else fight my battles. So once it was clear that we weren’t going to hide under the bed and wait for some to come and get us, Ethan agreed that it would be okay if we shot from a distance, only when we absolutely needed to, so that we wouldn’t give our positions away and when there was trouble to flee to the salt room. To me, it sounded like he was telling us to do the exact same thing as before, but I figured he was right and I did after all have to think about the safety of my little sister. So it was back to hide and wait till the coast is clear.

I was out in the woods practicing when I caught a flash of movement in my peripheral. Slowly as not to spook whatever it was, I lowered my rifle to look around, I didn’t want to shoot anyone accidently, especially not any of our allies. When there was nothing I figured that it must have been my imagination. I had been putting in long hours of training and getting a little sleep because every time I closed my eyes, I would dream of someone’s death, or worse, I would wake up in a place I had not originally fallen asleep in.

Ethan and my aunt started tying me to the bed, because the last time they had locked me in the room I broke a window, injuring my hand.

I sighed and aimed at my target, a small bottle of blue colored water was tied to a tree. It swayed in the wind, making it harder to hit. I took a deep breath, and pulled the trigger, hitting my target making the bottle explode from the impact. There was a knot in my shoulder from the long hours of practice, I lowered the gun and rotated my head to try and loosen the knot.

“You’re pretty good at that.” I jerked at the familiar voice, too scared to turn around.

“Better than you were when we played house of dead at the arcade.” The voice said getting closer, but no snapping twigs or ruffling grass and leaves could be heard.

“Vicky.” I said in a whisper, I felt a dampness on my hand and saw a translucent hand on mine.

“You should leave. He will be here soon.” She said, stepping around to stand in front of me.

She looked the same as the last time I had seen her. Her hair was soaking, plastered to her face, her clothes stuck to her body like a second skin, her lips were blue, and her face was pale, her eyes standing out in stark contrast.