Chapter 22

Alicia's Point Of View***************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knowing that Britt just showed up to Dylan's house made me think even more that she was OBSESSED. I mean I gotta give her props for staying with her word that she wouldn't give up on but I have to admit that following us home creeped me out. Honestly what was wrong with her? Couldn't she see that he was happy with out her? Or that he moved on? 

I guess I was over thinking everything so much because somehow I ended up at the table with Dylan next to me and Britt in front of me with Dylan's mom right next to her. His mom placed the chicken casserole in the middle for everyone to reach with slices of french bread on the side. I looked over at Dylan who was already digging into the casserole like a kid cutting a piece of cake. I smiled watching him as he took my plate and put some on there.

"Thanks babe." I smiled as he placed it back on the table.

"Anything for you." He winked at me with a cute smile behind it.

Everyone started to eat and it was quite. Until of course Britt had to speak.

"So how do you like it here Katie?" She smiled at his mom stuffing more food into her mouth.

"I love it! It's so peaceful and beautiful!" 

Britt nodded then looked at Dylan.

"And you Dylan?" She rose her eyebrow.

Dylan picked up his glass of water and started to take in a big gulp. His mom looked directly at me and smiled.

"We should ask the one who has lived here longer! What do you love about Colorado Alicia?"

"Well personally I am a nature girl. I love pine trees the dry air and the amazing sun!" I smiled finishing my plate.

"Should've know." Britt laughed slightly.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" I said giving her the dirtiest look ever.

"Oh nothing its just that you have that stench of boring that's all." Her eyes wandered off.

"Really? You know when I walked in the house there was a scent that lingered. Its kinda more of a reek actually. And it smelt a lot like desperation." I smiled watching Britt's neck snap back towards me.

Dylan laughed a bit with a surprised look on his face like he never thought I could be so rude.

"Excuse me!?" She asked with a huff.

"Oh your excused." I continued to smile.

"You little piece of--" Britt started to lean over the table towards me.

"Britt I think you should leave!" Dylan's mom stood up crossing her arms.

"Oh come on!" Britt argued.

"Please come back when your calm." His mom pressed politely.

She got up grabbing her bag keeping her eyes glued to mine as she walked out slamming the door behind her. I took in a deep breathe looking at Dylan who kept smiling at the door then back at me. 

"Im so sorry Alicia. I didn't know she was going to come at you like that." His mom said picking up the plates.

"Don't be it's alright but at least let me help you with the dishes." I walked over to her and grabbed them from her hand giving her a soft smile as I walked into the kitchen. 

*1 hour later*

I came out of the kitchen after all of the laughs and smiles me and his mom exchanged. She was really nice and I think what just happened with Britt tonight made me and her closer. I looked different in her eyes like more then just Dylan's girlfriend. I bit my bottom lip thinking to myself when out of no where feeling strong warm arms wrapping around my waist. 

"I love when you bite your lips. Its so adorable." He said smiling.

"It's a bad  habit of mine that's all." I laughed turning around facing him.

"A adorable one at that!" He winked and laughed as well.

"Whatever you say Dylan."

I leaned up on my tippy toes for a kiss when his phone started to ring.

"Dija vue." I whispered placing my feet flat on the ground.

"Right." 

He looked at it and answered it right away.

"T-pose! Whats up?" He said with a smile.

He listened to Tyler while holding me in his arm.

"Okay thanks!" He smiled hanging up.

 I looked at him with a confused smile.

"What did he say?" 

"Nothing you'll see soon." He said picking me up in bridal style.

I laughed as he darted out of the house with me in his hands. He put me in the passengers seat and walked over to his side starting the car. 

"Whoa slow down tiger. Where are going?" I laughed running out of breathe.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out!" He winked with a smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~