Chapter 24

Day 57- Throw a Party

It was only two hours before my first party I've ever hosted. It took a lot of persuading to my parents to get them to go out on a date night. I told them that they should go out since it's a Friday. My mom agreed to it, giving me a mischievous smirk. All I told her was that I was going to have some friends over and I thought my parents would be embarrassing.

I went over to my phone and quickly dialed the number of the nearest pizza place. I was told that basically everyone was coming, so I need a lot.

"This is Tammy from Perfect Pizza, how may I help you?" Her voice was really chirpy and dramatic.

"Hi, this is going to sound weird but I have this huge order if you don't mind. I have a lot of people coming over so I'm going to need six twenty-cut pizzas..."

The lady interrupted me. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I said, six twenty-cut pizzas!! I also need ten dozen chicken wings, ten dozen mozzarella sticks, and ten dozen garlic knots. With marinara sauce. Oh, yeah. Please, thanks."

There was silence at the other end of the call.

"That will be $300.82," the woman mumbled into the phone.

I could feel the wrath from my mom later on when she found out about all the money that I had just spent.

"See you soon," I said into the phone, then shutting it off. My brother walked into my room and raised an eyebrow, trying not to laugh at my nervous pacing.

"Chill out, will ya? Now, I have some ground rules for you and your friends. No running, breaking stuff, making out, or any other disgusting thing like that." He shuddered at his own words, which was kind of strange considering that he did that all the time with his ex.

My brother walked out of the room and into the hallway, leading to his bedroom.

Not one of my friends would be coming tonight... Well, my old friends. It was safe to say that all ties with them were unfortunately cut off.

Occasionally, I'll get the hated side-eye glance from them, or the subtle middle finger... You know, the one where they press it against their face, trying to make it seem like they are leaning into your hand?

Yeah. That one. They do it all the time to me and my new friends.

My new friends would give it straight up to them when we all walk home from school. Taking the bus was extremely not cool and it made you look weak. Understandable.

What I didn't get was how they had one clear leader and the rest followed, based on the rank in the group. I always walked in the back, holding private conversations with the other back girls. We talked about how it wasn't fair we couldn't walk wherever we wanted without getting screamed at.

It was funny, you know? How you never expect this cliche idea to happen and yet it still does.

My doorbell rang. I quickly ran to get it, and my new girls were here. They walked in and looked around.

Sara, our basically leader, looked around the house, and snapped her fingers. She whispered something in Savannah's ear.

Savannah pulled away from Sara and smiled at me. "Cute house! Where are the drinks?"