Chapter 15

song of the chapter: perfect// one direction <3

~2 weeks later~

"It's okay, McKenna!" Tayah said to me, holding me in her arms at the school bathroom.

"No, Tay, it's not! I was just humiliated in front of my whole freaking class because I freaked out and threw up! Then someone called me... Gosh, I can't say it!"

I scooted away from her and sat on the little chair the school had in the bathroom. I hated presentation days. They were the worst. I especially hated them in math, when they were about Temple Grandin. We had to write a report and make an Ames room... Something I didn't think was very math-y.

"You need to stop worrying, Ken! I told you not to eat all that pizza."

I rolled my eyes. All I've been hearing about from Tayah was the pizza thing from the party two weeks ago. I was over the fact that I ate so much, just not the fact that I am now being called a Food Slut.

Two weeks ago, I had a plan. My plan was to completely change my figure. Where did that plan go?

All of a sudden, the door creaked open. A senior walked into the bathroom and looked at me and Tayah. She scoffed and walked over to the mirror, applying some bright red lipstick.

"Are you crying over a boy?" She asked, smacking her lips together. "Because I wouldn't worry about it. Plenty more fish in the seaaaa."

She sat on another chair across from me and Tayah. She smiled a fake smile and sighed, running her hand through her freakishly long hair.

I glanced at Tayah, who was just staring at the senior, no interest at all. The senior rolled her eyes and took out some more eyeliner. She had on enough already.

"Um, Blondie? Come here for a sec! I can give you some eyeliner and bronzer. Oh wait, do you have on bronzer already? You do. Never mind!"

I started laughing, but I immediately started to cough to cover it up. The senior flattened out her extremely short skirt and stood up.

"Well, Sophies, I gotta get back to class. I told Mr. Haywire, what we all call him, that I had to go to the bathroom. But I just want to fix my hair and make-up, you know? Bye girls, don't forget, plenty of fish in the sea!"

The door slammed shut. I looked at Tayah and started to laugh. I met some weird people in this school, but she was one of the weirdest.

Then, the door opened again. I rolled my eyes, hoping for someone else other than the Insane Senior.

It was Annika. She was in our friend group, but I wasn't really good friends with her. Lately, she's been extremely rude to all of us, especially me.

She glared at me and walked over to the sink to wash her hands. She shut off the faucet and stood in front of us with her hands on her hips. Honestly, I hated this girl. She was such a little know-it-all. And most importantly, she joined the Food Slut train.

"Tayah, my best friend for a long time now, why? I thought you told me you didn't like her. She's fat anyways."

Annika turned on her heel and walked out the door. She had a little sway in her step. I mean, the girl was wearing a leather jacket with a tiny crop top underneath, and a skirt that went just past her butt. What was going on with her?

Tayah stood up, gritting her teeth. "Don't listen to her. She's such a jerk."

I watched as Tayah paced the bathroom back and forth, rubbing her hands together, mumbling whatever about Annika.

"If I could, I'd seriously bury her with my own two hands. I would love to see her suffer. Sometimes, she drives me off a wall. And her outfit! She's a real slut."

I rolled my eyes. "That... That isn't really nice, Tayah. I mean sure, people say extremely mean stuff about me all the time, but I don't do it back. I want to, but I don't. Okay, no. I do it a little. But I do it because they aren't nice people. Everyone at this school... They all need to grow up."

Tayah's face softened and she stopped pacing back and forth. I could see her face get a red tint to it and she started trembling. Then, she broke down crying. I grabbed her by the hand and sat her on the chair.

"She's so rude!  And it's been ever since you moved here. She just... She started dressing in skimpy outfits and being rude and annoying to all of us. I mean, did you see her outfit last week? She had basically a bra on. It's good to see her finally wearing something that covers her back. And then she had heels on with booty shorts! Who does that?"

I shrugged while Tayah continued crying. We sat there like that for a while, until she stopped crying. Slowly, but surely, her face stopped turning red and she stood up. "That was so stupid. I didn't mean to cry about that."

I laughed at my friend. "It's alright. Everyone needs to cry about something at some point in their life. Otherwise, are they even human? I've cried plenty of times. And what just happened with the person fat-shaming me back in that classroom, I don't care anymore. Okay, listen I have a plan. And it is going to sound idiotic, but it's a plan that will work for me in the end."

Tayah raised an eyebrow, while I continued on. "My best friend Bella told me that the Food Slut thing wasn't a big deal. And you know why? It's because I didn't tell her everything about it! I forgot that she said that. And I told her agreed because I can change. Anyways, I know I can change myself. And that's where my plan comes in. I'm going to stop being a loner. I'm going to become... McKenna Jones, best person to walk this high school."

Tayah laughed. "You're crazy. No one in this school has gone from loner or loser to popular in one school year. Why aren't you happy with who you are? Wait, that's a stupid question."

I laughed. "I don't care. I'm calling it THE POPULAR PLAN. And I don't care if you don't like it, it's going to make me stand out."

"McKenna, there's only one flaw to your plan that could hurt you and many people around you. To be popular, you have to get with the Pops. And that means by dumping us as friends."

That made me feel nauseous.

"Okay, but I won't lose you guys as friends. I have to do this. Tonight, when I get home, I'm going to be writing it up."

"McKenna, no." Tayah shook her head. "You're so stupid."

I laughed. Yes, I was stupid, but yes, I was also going to be popular. No matter what the steaks are.

--
Why I chose Perfect: because it's about Tayah and McKenna's friendship. It's clear that they are great friends with each other and they are a perfect friendship match. But there is this one verse how things could get a little rocky in a way, but they can still overcome it. McKenna's plan could come rocky (who knows!), but //maybe// they can overcome it.

Bye everyone! Please vote if you enjoyed, and comment your thoughts. It motivates me to write more!