Chapter 23

AN: I'm stopping song of the chapter... Can't really find ones that fit the rest of the book.

Day 56- Become friends with the Populars

I woke up the next day, already feeling guilty. Basically, I had no friends, and I needed to make new ones, fast. I didn't want to be a loner at this school forever.

After getting dressed and ready for school, I sat on my couch, stalking the Populars. I realized three things about them: They loved to curl their hair; they usually wore sweats, but when they didn't, they wore super cute outfits; and they weren't very smart. This would be a challenge for me.

I also noticed that they had a boy in their background's of their pics. Whether it was a brother, uncle, friend, or boyfriend, there was always one there. I had to make sure of that.

They also posted at least twice a week. Both times would be selfies, but if not, then they would be pictures of some artsy thing. I thought posting that much was a little far, but if I want to be popular, I am going to have to follow the rules here.

My phone went off, and I realized that it was from Bella, my old friend. I hadn't talked to her in a long time and I was glad to hear from her. I kind of suspected this thing to happen, we just forget about each other. I didn't even remember that she was my friend at some points of my new high school life. Bella didn't have the decency to text me first, so she must've forgotten all about it, too. It was pretty... Sad.

Bella: okkkkk, long message time. hey, ken, we havent talked in forevs and evs and i miss you smmmmmmmmmmmmm! anyways, i need to tell youuuuuu somethingggggggggggg. the reason we haven't been texting is bc i have a bfffffffffffffffffffffffff. and guess who it is!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur ex crush, so hasta la vista him i got him on my back, you little son of a bitchacho dorito burrito hahahahahhahahahahha. byeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ttyllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll xoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

I was kind of appalled at that message. Bella usually talked in a nice way to me, not with all the slang she just used. Maybe she made a new friend at our school, they took her phone, and she pretended to be Bells? Either way, I ignored the message and continued on to my little stalking party. Dang, these girls were popular.

"Yo, Ken, let's goooo!" David shouted.I groaned and got off my comfortable couch and walked over to out garage, hopping in his car. When we started to pull out, I noticed Blondie and Ombre standing in my driveway. I still liked calling them that.

"Kenna! Thank goodness you're here, girlfriend," Blondie giggled. "Our car broke down, and we wanted a ride in with you, if that's okay. I mean, it would be kind of cool to be seen going in with the most popular girl in our school!'

Those words hit me like a slap in the face. Never, in a million years, would I hear those words come out of another classmate's mouth. Blondie smiled at me, and I notice that she was actually being sincere. I smiled and opened up the back door of the car. "Yeah, sure, come on, I got you guys." They got in my car, and I started remembering all the little details from the beginning of the year. No one would even talk to me, let alone look at me. I was fat. I was a Food Slut. I was all things I didn't want to be. Was I that popular already?

Ombré laughed at her friend. "Just kidding, you aren't majorly popular, but you are the talk of the school!"

That deflated my good mood, but it was nice to know people still talked about me. We arrived at the school a couple of minutes later and I walked in, scanning the crowd for the popular girls.

I spotted my old friends in the corner. Tayah looked at me, sadness in her eyes. She turned around to go back to her previous conversation. I kind of wished to go back over there, but they were old news to me. They didn't matter.

After a couple of seconds, I found the girls. I walked over to them, making all of the girls in the clique stare at me.

I smiled at the most popular girl in the crowd, Sara. She sent a confused look to all of her friends, who seemed just as confused as her. Everyone was watching me, being bold enough to walk up to these girls and actually try to talk to them.

"I have a prob," I began. This immediately grabbed their attention. "My BFF's? Yeah, they aren't my BFF's anymore. Can you girls, like help, another girl? Like, I can feel the tears coming on, going to ruin my makeup." One of the girls next to Sara pulled out a tissue from her bag. I dabbed it underneath my eyes, pretending to be upset.

"And I spent so much money on my stuff at Sephora! Over a thousand dollars worth on my makeup. And if I cry, my tears will get all over my PINK sweats! Who wants that?" I could feel the entire school looking at me, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Tayah cross her arms in annoyance.

"Aw girl, we got you!" The girl who gave me the tissue exclaimed. "We know how you feel. Come on, you can stand in our circle, because we like you, right Sar?" Sara nodded, a small smile on her face. "And now, ladies and gents, just because McKenna is in the Clique Circle doesn't mean any of you others can join! Byeeeeeee!" She sharply turned around, and I wedged in next to her.

"Girl, what happened?" Tissue-Giver asked. "Is everything good? We all good? Because we know what it's like to lose friends. The other half of this circle is people who lost friends. Go stand next to Olive and Emma. Thanks girl, thanks!"

I stood next to the girls, who looked upset at the remark.

"So let me give you the basic run down." Tissue-Giver continued to talk on, her voice kind of monotone.

"Sara is Leader. What she says, goes. My name is Savannah, and what I say, Sara has said to me in eye glances. The other girl on the other side of Sara? Arabella? She speaks for me when I'm too tired to. The rest of this half of the circle plays sports, but they don't talk. Just like you won't, okay? But they're all equally popular. The other half of the group came pleading to us to accept them when no one else did. We expect you to be grateful like them."

The girls, too scared and meek to argue against, nodded. Olive closed her eyes, dealing in a long breath.

"So now, you're popular! But not, like too, popular. You know? Oh, and, we expect you to hold at least one party every seven weeks. Better get it done soon!"

That ignited something in my mind. On my popular plan, hosting a party was part of it. If I could host this party, I would be even more accepted!

"Okay, now, do you have anything to say?" Arabella asked. Savannah must be tired of talking.

"Two things actually," I began, smiling. "One, thanks for letting me be part of the group! And two..."

I looked at all the girls' faces, anxious for me to continue on.

"Party at my house tomorrow night. Be there at seven o'clock, or don't show up at all."

--
A/N

Uh-oh...

How's this party going to go down?

Please, bare with me on these updates! I know they're long and slow, but school and dance are my priorities right now! Not... Really... Writing...

Oops....

Goodnight everyone!