Chapter 18

AN: pic is how I kinda picture McKenna, in a way. Especially the body shape. And hair sorta. Face, not so much. Her style is definitely McKenna's style.

song of the chapter: love yourself// justin bieber

Day 2- Buy new make-up

When I woke up, I almost screamed out of excitement when I saw my BEAUTIFUL hair.

I ran a finger through it, a smile growing on my lips.

Today was Day 2, and Day 2 meant new make-up. It wasn't like my make-up was bad in the first place, but I needed something to make me stand out more.

I looked at the clock, realizing it was 10 AM. I silently cursed to myself, something I don't do often, and ran out of my room, into our kitchen. My mom was sitting at the table on her laptop, her glasses on and hair in a messy bun. I cleared my throat to grab her attention. She looked up from the computer.

"Love the hair!" My mom exclaimed, a fake smile plastered on her face. I could tell she was stressed from something.

"Mom, where's Dad? I haven't seen him in a while." It was true, I hardly saw him all day yesterday. He was literally no where to be found in the house.

My mom smiled at me, then sighed. Did something happen with my parents? My mom got up from her seat and took my hands in hers. "There's something the two of us need to discuss with you and your brother. But, I'll just tell you now, I guess."

My mom closed her eyes and let out a shaky sigh. "Your father and I are... Going on a break. I found him planning on going on a date with a girl we work with last night."

All I did was blink.

I didn't understand. My parents seemed so happy together!

However, looking back, I realized they did get in quite a few fights. It meant nothing to me, however, since every couple gets in some sort of fight once in their life. My grandparents, the happiest couple alive, got in a lot of fights, but they always made up in the end.

So why were my parents so different? Why did my dad want to leave us, my mom?

"What does that mean for your relationship?" I asked, tears in my eyes. "Is Dad leaving us, or, what's just going on? Why did he want to leave?" I wanted to punch something, someone, my father.

"It's going to be okay!" My mom laughed. Her laugh was high-pitched and fake. "You're dad was staying at his buddy Mike's place for the night, and he will again tonight. Tomorrow, we are going to return to a regular, old family! It's going to be so much fun, you, David, and me! Let's go to the bakery and get some Stress Relief Muffins!"

As shocked and confused that I was, I saw the opportunity to ask my mom for new make-up. If we were out and about already, she could take me to the mall and get me some new make-up. "Well, I think it's a good idea. But do you think you could take me to get new make-up? Mines awful."

My mom just smiled. "Of course. I'll take you to the mall!"

Soon after, David walked into the kitchen, wearing nothing but boxers. "That party last night was wild..." He mumbled to himself, rubbing his head.

My mom and I stared at him with confused and shocked looks on our faces. I don't think he realized what he was doing or saying, before he swore under his breath and ran out of the room. I laughed with my mom. It was nice to laugh either.

"I'll take you to Sephora after we get the Stress Relief muffins. You know, the chocolate muffins basically with a peanut butter drizzle?"

I nodded, laughing at my mom's enthusiasm. She clapped her hands together and ran back over to her laptop. "Great! I'll shut everything down, you go get dressed, then we can go and make McKenna prettier than she already is!" My mom took my face in her hands, scrunching up my cheeks.

"Yeah, Mom, you can chill," I said through a scrunch face. My mom retracted her hand and looked at the floor. "It's alright," I told her before she randomly burst out crying.

"Will your father and I get better?!" She cried out, sinking to the floor. She had big tears rolling down her face. "Pass me the wine," she groaned, rubbing her head.

I looked at the bottle and her. My mom seriously wanted to drink at 10 in the morning? "Mom, this isn't healthy, you know, just, why don't you sit on the couch and I get you some water?"

My mom screamed, which was something I barely heard her do. "PASS ME THE WINE SO I CAN DROWN OUT MY SADNESS!" I looked at her animalistic face and the wine. I couldn't let her drink so early.

I crouched down next to my sobbing mother and wrapped my arms around her. "Mommy, why don't we just walk over to the couch, and snap out of it? Daddy'll be back soon, don't worry. And for now, we will just take it easy and have fun with what time we have. I'm going to get you water."

I got up and walked over to the fridge, getting some water for my mom. I couldn't wait for Day 4. I wanted to start working out, exercising, and when I became skinnier, my face would even out, and I'd become pretty. Then, everything would slowly fall into place. I'd be popular.

"Aw, Ken, you're pretty now!" My mom yelled to me. Did I just say that out loud? "Where's my water?" I quickly walked over to her and handed her the glass. She gulped it down quickly and patted the seat next to her for me to sit.

I sat down next to her as she wrapped her arms around me. We both fell to the side, laughing. "Why did you just say you weren't pretty? Because I know darn well you have pretty good genes. And I know you are putting them to use because you're gorgeous!"

I smiled at my mom. "You really think I am?" I knew she had to say it, but hearing it just made me happy.

"Of course. And with new make-up, you'll be even prettier."

--

After getting our muffins and fighting in the car about the whole make-up situation, we arrived at the store.

I got out of the car and ran to the door, smiling. I had a list of what I needed, compromised by my mother.

First: New foundation, powder, blush, and concealer.

Second: New eyeliner and mascara.

Third: New eyeshadow. And I wanted extremely good eyeshadow.

Fourth: New lipstick. Personally, I wanted a soft pink, but my mom wanted shimmery.

After looking around for a bit, I found my foundation.

It's brand name was "Clinique, Chubby in the Nude Foundation Stick." It's color was Abundant Alabaster.

$24 gone.

My mom actually found my powder for me. It set my makeup just right. I took it gratefully. It was called, "Laura Mercier, Translucent Loose Setting Powder." In total, we now spent $61. My dad is going to kill me when he comes back.

After that, I found my blush.

It was labeled as "NARS Blush." The color I chose was Nico. For three things, we spent $91 so far.

After that was the concealer. I had awful bags under my eyes, so concealer was my best friend. It was "URBAN DECAY
Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer." $119 out the door.

After that, I found my mascara and eyeliner. My mascara was labeled as, "BENEFIT COSMETICS They're Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara." My eyeliner was, "STILA
Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner." $167 was worth now spent.

Next was the eyeshadow. It took me less than two seconds to pick out.

I chose the "URBAN DECAY Naked3." I mean, any girl would want it! We spent $221 in total now.

Last, was the lipgloss. I chose the "LAURA MERCIER Velour Lovers Lip Colour." I chose the baby pink color, since I thought it was extremely pretty. In total, we spent $249!!!! That was a ton.

But boy, was it worth it.

--
AN:
Why I chose Love Yourself: Because it's like "You should go and love yourself." And McKenna is learning to become more comfortable in her body? Idk.

Wow make-up crazy!!!

Thanks for being patient. And thank you to all the newer readers I have!!!