Chapter Five

"How'd you come back to life?!" He demands. "I never died." Then I disappeared into the party.

I start to walk towards Elena, but then I see that she's flirting with Stefan. Are they dating?
"Hey, Elena, I think I'm gonna head home." She looks baffled. "You have to stayyyy, it wouldn't be fun without you." She's drunk. "My stomach hurts, so I'm going to leave." I stay strongly.

I grab my coat and walk outside. Despite the fact that it's 60 degrees, I'm freezing. Why do I have to get cold so easily?! I begin walking home when someone creeps behind me. "You know, I bet you'd be real tasty." I don't scream, I stay calm. "Why don't you try me." I say, still not facing the person. The vampire latches onto my neck and starts to drain my veins free of blood, but then he falls on the floor, his face turning paler by the second. I watch as he, I mean it, breaks out into hives and dies.
"I came out here to protect you, but obviously you don't need it." Damon says from behind me. "Let me walk you home." He suggests. He's just like his brother. "I'm fine, really." I insist. "Have it your way" he says with a devilish smile.

"You should really be safer around vampires." My mother says the second I walk in the door. "You know that they're part demon." She eyes me down. "Not all of them are bad." I claim before running into my room.

I still have yet to unpack, so I call Bonnie to help, who gladly agrees.
"Anything new happen?" I ask while unpacking and she just shakes her head. She pulls out a necklace from my jewelry box, "This is really pretty, Dessa." She shows it to me. "Thank god you found it, I've been looking for hours." I say and she smiles and hands it to me.
She steps back, shocked and eyes wide, when she touched my hand. "Bonnie, are you alright?" I ask and she nods and smiles. "I have to go" she says solemnly.
Before I know it she's out the door.

I go to follow her but it's useless, she's already gone. Whatever. I finish unpacking by myself and go to sleep.

Monday~

My mother drive Datis and I to school. I look down at my schedule in my lap. Eww. I have history first. I honestly hate history because it's everything I was alive for and already experienced.
And I even didn't like it when I was learning about what I didn't already know.

I walk to my classroom and find out that I came in late. "Hi, you must be Inardressea." My teacher says, attempting to pronounce my name. I smile warmly, "It's actually pronounced Iradessa." I look around the classroom and see his name written on the white board; Mr. Saltzman. "Your brother must be Condatis." Mr. Saltzman says. "That is correct" a smirk forms on his face. "It's very interesting that he managed to arrive on time, but you're late." I force myself not to roll my eyes. "That's very interesting indeed." He laughs a little. "You can sit right over there" he says while pointing to the left back corner.

I dash out of that classroom the second the bell rings. He was so after me. I meet Elena by the lockers right before our next class.