Chapter 13

After school I rushed home, so I could change. When I’d dressed in a skinny jeans and a simple long sleeved shirt, I went to Harry’s house. I really had to talk to him about this Hemma-thing. According those girls at school, it was everywhere on the internet. Just great.

After knocking and yelling “HARRY OPEN THIS DOOR”, Harry opened the door and let me in.

“What happened to you to get you so angry?” he asked me.

“You happened.” I told him. He didn’t understand it in the slightest, seeing his expression was the most confused I’ve ever seen in my life.

“What? What did I do?” he asked, frowning.

“You kissed me,” I said. I know, I wasn’t making any sense there but I was really angry.

“How’s that a bad thing?”

“BECAUSE SOMEONE TOOK A PICTURE OF IT AND NOW I’M ALL OVER THE INTERNET!” I yelled.

“What? When did that happen?” Harry took my hand and guided me to his couch. He pushed me down and then sat beside me.

“I don’t know. Someone at school showed me a picture that they had taken of the internet.” I sighed. I looked at Harry, but his face was in his hands.

“Oh.” He said. I waited for him to continue but apparently he was done speaking. For some reason this angered me and I started yelling again.

“HARRY! MY FACE IS ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND ALL YOU SAY IS OH!”

“Emma, my face is always all over the internet. Why are you so angry about this?”

“Because I don’t want to be on the internet! I didn’t choose this! How can you say I’m complaining about nothing?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“You implied it and that’s just as bad!”

“I just mean that I’m always on the internet and I’m still alive. You won’t die from this Emma!” Did he really say that?

“NO BECAUSE PEOPLE ONLY DIE FROM DISEASES. OH WAIT THAT’S MY MUM!” I got up and stormed towards the front door.

“Shit, Emma, you know I didn’t mean that!” Harry said as he went after me. Just when I opened the door he grabbed my wrist. He pulled me towards him and brushed away the tears on my cheeks. Only then did I realize I was crying.

“Emma, don’t. There are probably paparazzi hiding here somewhere. If they see you leave, looking like that, you’ll be even more on the internet.” Harry reasoned.

“So I should just stay here?” I asked sarcastically. I really wanted to leave.

“At least until you’ve calmed down a bit!”

“If it weren’t for you I shouldn’t have to calm down.”

“Well, you seemed to be enjoying those kisses quite a lot! So maybe you should stop blaming me for this!”

“Well, maybe you should… you should-” Then Harry pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around me, while I sobbed against his shirt. He slowly backed away until we were near the couch again. When I stopped crying we sat down and Harry kissed my hair. He then put his arm around me and I sighed contently. This was how it should be. We should fight. It’s not Harry’s fault that he gets stalked by paparazzi. In fact, I should be glad it took them this long to figure out about us.

“Are you sure you’re going home already?” Harry asked me, while rubbing my back. I wasn’t angry with him anymore but I needed to go home. I wanted some time alone so I could think about this.