Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The next day  at school I told Sam about the  almost-kissing-thing. She said she knew something like this would happen, but she also thought it was kind of funny. I didn’t agree on that. If Jessie hadn’t interrupted us, I could have kissed him by now. We couldn’t talk much about it, though, because Susie was always near us and I didn’t want her to know about it. I was happy that it was almost Saturday because I wanted to see Harry again. We texted and called a lot, but that wasn’t the same. Jessie was quite annoying, every time when we were alone she kept asking me about me and Harry.

My mum still didn’t feel well. She lay in bed all day and my dad was busy with work so Jessie and I had to clean the house and make dinner. We took turns, but it took us still a lot of time. My mum usually didn’t eat with us because she was in bed, not feeling well enough to eat. This was also part of the reason I couldn’t wait for Saturday, because it would bring me some distraction.

When it was Saturday morning I got up early and took a shower. I got dressed and grabbed some breakfast. I was practically skipping through the house, feeling all happy and excited. I gave my parents a hug and I went to Harry’s place to meet him. I rang the doorbell and waited until Harry opened the door.

 ‘Hey Harry,’ I said, while giving him a hug, which he returned, and I kissed his cheek.

‘Hi Emma,” Harry said, and he smiled.  “A friend of mine is here, but we’ll be done in a few minutes. I hope you don’t mind.”

Harry invited me inside and he took my jacket and hung it on the peg. He slung his arm around my shoulder and guided me to the living room. A handsome boy was seated on the couch and he looked somewhat familiar.

 “Hello, I’m Emma,” I said, introducing myself.

“Hey Emma, nice to meet you, I’m Louis’ The boy said and we shook hands. Louis? I knew he looked familiar! He was in One Direction.

“Harry told us so much about you” Louis said. I looked Harry, who was blushing, and I couldn’t help smiling.

“Good things or bad things?” I said, laughing.

“Don’t worry, dear, there’s nothing bad to tell about you,” Harry said, and he pulled me a bit closer. This was my turn to blush, as my head flushed scarlet. I shot a look in Louis’ direction and he looked like he was choking, but I think it was because he was trying not to laugh. I narrowed my eyes and he laughed.  

“So, when are you going to tell me what we’re going to do today?” I asked Harry.

“That, my dear Emma, is a surprise.” Harry told me.

“I know what it is and you’ll love it.” Louis said, “maybe something very magical will happen.” He smiled, but it was a bit like a mischievous grin. Harry and Louis glared at each other and I recognized it immediately as one of the looks Sam and I give each other when we’re talking about boys.

“But I shall go now and leave you two to do whatever you’re going to do. By the way, it’s nice to meet you, Emma. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing each other a lot more,” he said and he winked at us and he quickly left before Harry or I could say something to him.Harry looked at me.

“Are you ready?” He asked me, “It’s going to take us 45 minutes to get there, so we should leave.” He smiled in an adorable way. We walked to Harry’s car and Harry opened the door for me. I tried to figure out what the surprise was, but Harry refused to tell me anything.

“Please, Harry tell me,” I asked. Harry chuckled but didn’t give me an answer. I crossed my arms and said, “How am I going to prepare myself and get excited for what we’re going to do if you’re not telling me anything? Come on, one hint. One.” I tried to give him the puppy look, but Harry was driving and I wasn’t very good at it. Harry started laughing.