Chapter 2

A week later, the hospital still hadn’t called for the results. I asked my parents if maybe it could be that mum was pregnant, just in case. But they were sure it wasn’t that. I didn’t have to work every Saturday, but today I had to. It was 6 o’clock and so busy. I had to serve at a table were two boys were sitting. “What can it be?” “Can I have the steak with chips please?” I looked at the boy. He had brown hair and cute little curls. I wrote it down.  I looked at the other boy. He had red hair. “for me the lasagne please.” He had a really kind voice. “maybe something to drink?” “Yes, a cola please,” said the boy with the brown curls. “Same for me, please,” said the other boy. I walked to the bar to get the drinks. I didn’t know what it was but they both looked so familiar. Maybe they’ve been here once more, and I knew them from that.

Just like last week, Susie , Sam and I went out. We saw some other people from school. It was really hot in the café.” I’m going to buy some drinks, do you want something?” I shouted in Sam’s ear. “Yes, I want some white wine.” Sam shouted back. “Susie, do you want something to drink?” “Yes, I want a  white wine and my two friends here want a beer” she pointed at the two boys she was talking to.  I walked to the bar. “Three white wine and two beer please.” I said to the bartender. He gave me a tray and I walked back to my friends. A boy nudged my arm, whereby I lost my stability. The tray fell on the ground.  “Sorry” I heard a voice saying. “It’s alright I said” I stooped so I could clean up the broken glass. When I got back up I looked in a familiar face. I walked back to the bar with the boy following me. “Three white wine and two beer” I said again to the bartender. I wanted to pick my wallet but the boy stopped me. “I will pay.” I looked at him. “You don’t have to.” “I know, but I want to.” He smiled at me. After he paid for the drinks, we walked back to where my friends were standing. “Can it be that I know you?” I asked him. “Yeah, I also thought that,” he laughed. “Are you that girl that works in the Lumos restaurant?” he asked. “Yes I am.” “And could it be that I saw you there today?” he asked me. “That is also true,” I laughed. “I already thought that I knew you from something. My name is Harry Styles.” “I’m Emma Collins.” We shook hands. “Do you like the work in the restaurant?” He asked me. “Actually I do. I love to work with other people. What do you do for work?” “I worked at a bakery but then I gave myself up for X-factor and since then I’m in the boy band called One Direction.” Harry said. “Aha, so you’re a singer.” “Do you like music?” I told him I love music. He then asked me what kind of music I liked. “I’m an Ed Sheeran fan.” “I have to admit, he is really good.” Harry said. “As if I don’t know that! I also like The Script. It’s my favourite band.” “Not as good as we are,” Harry said laughing. “Well, they are,” I said laughing. “Have you ever been to a concert of them?” Harry asked me. “I really wanted to go, but I didn’t got any concert tickets, so I couldn’t go.” I said sadly. “Well, I’m with Ed here now, and if you want, you can meet him now.” Harry looked at me, smiling. “I don’t believe you,” I said “Well, it’s true.” “If it is, then go and get him here.” “Okay, wait here!” Harry said and then he walked away. I waited for a moment and then he came back, with Ed Sheeran. I couldn’t believe my eyes! “Y..You..You’re Ed Sheeran!” I almost screamed. “Yes I am,” Ed said, laughing. It was quite difficult to stop myself from jumping at him and never letting go.  “And you said I was joking,” Harry said. “Sorry that I didn’t believe you” “Well, I also wouldn’t believe it if anyone would say that to me, so it’s no problem,” Harry said and I laughed. Then I turned back to Ed. “Could I have a picture, please? I’m sorry if I’m bothering you with this.” I said. “Of course you can and you’re not bothering me at all,” Ed told me. “Can Harry and Sam also be in it?” Ed nodded, so I called Sam and I asked Susie to take the picture. “Say cheese!!” Susie took the picture and showed us the picture, with me and Sam standing between Ed and Harry. “Hey, Harry, I was talking to some friends, so I go back.” Ed said “Nice to meet you girls.” Ed walked away. I still couldn’t believe I met Ed Sheeran. ED FREAKING SHEERAN. “And I was talking to some boys, so I also go back.” Susie walked away. Sam looked at me and whispered “I will leave you to alone.” She give me a wink and a smile and followed Susie. “Are you happy now that you met Ed?” Harry asked. “Duuuuh!”

“So, what’s your favourite song?”

“That’s a difficult question though. Can I choose two?”

Harry laughed, “Well, only because it’s you.”

“Uhm, okay, Try by Pink and Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. And I think I like Little Things, but that’s only because Ed wrote it” I then stuck my tongue out, while I was laughing. “What’s your favourite song?” I asked him.

“My favourite song? I guess it’s Free Falling by John Mayer. Do you know it?”

“Of course I do, I love it!” I said. Harry was really nice to me. I felt comfortable with him, even though I only just met him. I think he could be a really great friend.

When it was 4 o’clock Sam, Susie and I walked back home. “I had such a fun time with Harry,” I said to Sam and Susie “He is so funny and such a nice guy.” Sam laughed. “And handsome.” “Well, he is but yeah,...” “You’ll probably put him in the friend zone again” Sam said. “He is a great friend!!” I exclaimed “Can we talk about something else?” Susie said suddenly, sounding not interested at all. Sam gave me a knowing look. We knew she was jealous because she couldn’t go on the picture with Harry and Ed.  “But one question. Did you get his number?” Sam asked. “Yeah, I have.” “Yaaay, good for you!” Susie said with an annoying voice. “Is someone jealous?” I said while I pushed her jokingly.  Susie didn’t like that though and she got angry. “Why would I be jealous at YOU for God’s sake?” she said angry. “I don’t even like Ed Sheeran, look how ugly he is, and he can’t even sing!” I stopped walking. “You did not said that!” I screeched. “Well, what if I did? You can’t get someone to be your boyfriend, so you just try to get a celebrity? Well, you will never get him!” Susie was screaming by now, but I didn’t know why. She acted like this more and more lately. I didn’t know why, but it really started to annoy me, and I wondered if it was something I did. But I knew I didn’t like it and I wasn’t going to let her win this argument.

 “This isn’t about dating Ed Sheeran!” I said while I took a step towards her. “Just admit that you’re jealous of us because you couldn’t go on the picture with Ed and Harry.” “I AM NOT JEALOUS!!” Susie shouted.“I will never be jealous of you! You know, you should be jealous of me! Because I CAN get a boyfriend and you’ve never had one!.” “Don’t you ever get it? It’s not about that.” Sam suddenly said. Susie knew that she couldn’t win this fight. “I’m sick of you too, goodbye!” Susie stormed off towards her house. Sam and I looked at each other. “She can be so mean sometimes” Sam said. We both walked further. “But why would she say that we’re jealous of HER?” I heard some angriness in her voice. “I don’t know, I can’t be jealous of her, because sometimes she’s such a slag.” I said. We both laughed really loud. When I was home I made a sandwich, because I was really hungry and I went to bed.  It was a really fun night and I met Ed Fucking Sheeran! My dream came true, finally.

When I woke up the next morning I saw that I had received a text message from Harry. It said:

Heyy Em, Thanks for the fun night. Hope you came home safely. Sleep well. Love, Harry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Sooo, next chapter already. What do you think? Next chapter is probably coming up tomorrow night. XXX Iris and Anouk