Chapter One

My mom slowly pulled my car to a stop right before I hopped out excitedly. I've been living in my car for the past few days since I've been driving from California to Virginia where I'm now allowed to move back to my old house and I get to see my old friends in my old neighborhood, Mystic Falls.

I clutch my luggage and sprint to my ancient bedroom. I don't mean to brag, but my family is quite wealthy, so we managed to maintain our home along with the one we've been living in for the past five years.

Once I finished unpacking, I cruised in my town village until I found my old Best Friends, Elena and Bonnie and a restaurant that everybody hangs out at. I hugged them from behind and they both shirked, and then finally realized who it was. "Iradessa! I haven't seen you in forever! How's life treating you?" Elena questioned. "I'm great, how have these past five years been for you guys?" I asked and they both say good, but I can't help but see the concern in their eyes, but they go back to their cheerful selves immediately. "You don't look like you've aged one bit" Bonnie says, eyeing Elena, but I ignore it. "What can I say, moisturizer and taking care of daily hygiene" I say and cause them to laugh a little.

Someone comes up behind them, who obviously knows them well, and looks at me with curiosity. "Who's this?" He asks Elena, and she explains who I am. He looks rather familiar. "I'm Stefan, a pleasure to meet you, Iradessa." He says and shakes my hand.

My mom calls me at ten o'clock at night, telling me to come home, so I say my goodbyes. "Let me walk you home." Stefan says. "Oh, don't worry, I'll manage to get there myself, thank you for the kind gesture though." I explain, "it's not a problem at all, think of it as me getting to know you." I nod and let him take me out of the restaurant.

"You know, you look oddly similar." I say as we walk together. "Hmm, maybe that's because I've met you before" he says, leaving me completely shocked. "What are you talking about?" He sighs a little. "I babysat you when you were a little girl. You and your brother. Boy, did you two cause trouble." He explains, but I'm not buying it. "Don't believe me? Well, you two were around four or five years old and your brother just started to get the hang of his powers, but you already had control." Stefan says. "When was this?" I ask with a nervous laugh. "The year was 1890" He said. I glare at him, alarmed. "How did you know me then?!" I asked, frightened to death. "Wait, what are you?" I finally figured it out. He's not human. No way he can be. "You know what I am" He's a vampire. "The real question is, what are you?"

AN// So, I'm not really sure if that was good or if it sucked.... but I know it was really short and I'll be writing more later