Ten || Our death-defying love.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but the 'italic' fond doesn't work on my phone - so the 'bold' fond you'll see while reading is supposed to be 'italic'.. Enjoy :)!

Elena ran into the deep parts of woods, it was night and the light of the moon couldn't reach through the trees. The ground was almost pitch black and Elena needed to take every step very carefully, losing time on falling would mean her death.

She kept running until a little cabin appeared in front of her eyes, she hadn't seen it before and she was sure that she would know these woods by now. She looked behind her and realized that he hadn't been behind her while running.

She thought back about what he had said.

"Whatever happens, don't go back Elena, understand?" He said, Elena nodded quickly.
"But, what if you-" Elena said quietly, but she got interrupted by his hands moving to her cheeks, holding her head - his eyes were staring into hers.

"You. Are. Not. Going. Back." The sound of breaking sticks and rumbling leaves was heard in the distance, they're coming closer.
"Find safety, I'll be right behind you." Elena froze on the ground, thinking about how this maybe would be their last moment together.

"Go, now!" Elena worriedly kissed him on the lips as a goodbye.
They stared at each other for a quick second to take in the kiss.
He shoved her behind himself, Elena speeded away and disappeared within seconds.

"I can't go back.." Elena looked around restlessly, hoping that he would appear in the shadow of the woods and ran up to her, holding her, telling her that it's safe and nothing like this horror will ever happen again - but he wasn't here and it made Elena even more sick about thinking what may had happened to him while she was running.
"I kissed him.." Elena said slowly, her eyes widened.

It was wrong that she even thought about him, but she couldn't think of anything else at the moment.
The scariest thing is that a part of her didn't even care about it, he was the hero, he saved her.

Elena turned back to face the cabin and approached it. Her hand moved to the doorknob and opened the door - her lower leg stepped over the doorstep from the cabin, it worked, nobody owned this home.

Elena decided to wait here for a moment, she tried thinking about a way out of the woods, but it was like her brain blocked all her thoughts of escaping.

Elena leaned against the wall and lowered to the floor. The cabin was old, there were no working lights and the furniture was covered in big white musty blankets. It was the kind of home they would use in horror movies, but Elena wasn't scared by it - she couldn't feel anything, not the cold of the floor she was sitting on, nor the moist and chilly air surrounding her body.

Elena closed her eyes and backed up against the wall, holding her legs between her two arms.
"Where are you." She muttered softly.

It was quiet, there were no sounds in the woods, which could either be a good or bad sign - the sound of tiny drops of rain that were falling from the roof was the only sound Elena was able to hear, along with her own breathing.

Minutes passed and Elena was done feeling useless, she wanted to go back. She stood up and thought again about her decision, they could easily find her if she wanders around in the woods.

She walked outside and gazed along the trees.

"Stefan!" She shouted and every time she shouted his name, she kept quiet to hear if someone had heard her.

Elena walked away from the cabin, to search for him herself.
"Stefan!" She shouted his name again.

"Stef-!" She saw a shadow in the distance, leaning against a tree.
The shadow turned around and approached her slowly - she narrowed her eyes to see who it was.