Seven || Lack of appreciation.

"'Morning', sunshine." It was almost three o'clock, Damon's room was lightened by the midday sun and everything looked colorful.

Damon leaned over to Elena and gave her a kiss on her cheeks, Elena opened her eyes and groaned - the curtains were open so her eyes were blinded by the light of the sun.
Elena turned herself to Damon to block the sunlight, both their faces looked really sleepy from the Vampire-raid that happened last night.

Elena buried her head against Damon's bare chest and closed her eyes again.
"'Morning'." She sighed and softly kissed Damon's chest.

Damon stroke Elena's hair and began to shove the blankets away from his body, Elena knew he was about to get out of bed so she grabbed his arm.
"No, wait - Damon.."
"Come on, it's late. Time to get up, 'Princess'." Damon said with a sly little smile on his face - His feet touched the cool dark-wood floor and he stood up.

Elena grunted and hid her head under the cushion.
Damon leaned over the bed, grabbed Elena's side of the blanket and took it away from her.

"Damon!" Elena tried to grab the edge of the blanket to pull it back, but Damon held it in his hand - he chuckled, Elena sighed and climbed out off bed.

Both of them went to the bathroom to freshen up, Damon was standing in front of the mirror, fixing his hair.
"I'm sorry." Elena said after a few minutes of silence - she pulled her shirt over her head.
"About what?" Damon looked at her through the reflection of the mirror.

"Yesterday, you had all the rights to be mad at me - I shouldn't have done anything." Elena took a few steps closer to Damon and leaned against the sink.

"I thought you wanted to forget everything that happened." Damon replied.
"Yes, but.. I was thinking about it."
Elena stood besides Damon and looked up into Damon's glinting blue eyes, which were still facing the mirror.
"It's fine, Elena." Damon faced down and chuckled.

"What, no it isn't-. Damon?" Elena's eyes were still looking at Damon's face - Damon left the bathroom to look for a shirt to wear.

"I could have died and I don't know why I would be that stupid to try to save Katherine and-" Elena followed Damon to his closed.
"Hey-" Damon opened his closet, grabbed a shirt and turned around to face Elena.
"It was a pretty dumb action, yes-" he placed his hand on her cheek and stroke it with his thumb.

"But we have all made some pretty stupid and maybe even some of the worst actions ever. It's a damn miracle that some of us are still alive." He joked.

"I wouldn't forgive you if I'd found you dead in the woods yesterday, so don't apologize." Elena's eyes widened, trying to adjust what Damon said less than a second ago - Damon kissed her forehead and turned around - she slowly nodded her head.

"Come on, Buffy. Let's go downstairs." Damon walked to the doorway, motioning Elena to come with him.
Katherine was still laying on the couch when they entered the living room - Katherine's breathing was slow and soft, meaning that she's asleep.

"What are we going to do with her?" Elena asked as she approached Katherine.
"I'd say we wake her up and kick her out of the house." Damon said while walking up to the liquor on the table behind the couch, he poured himself a glass and grinned.

Katherine groaned.

"Good Morning, Katherine." Damon smiled and took a sip of the liquor in his glass - Elena sat down on the couch and kept her eyes on Katherine.
"Shut up, Damon." Katherine opened her eyes and stretched her body.
"A nicer way to greet us would be appreciated, since we 'kind of' saved your life." Damon emptied the glass.

Katherine sighed.

"Well, I really appreciate what you, my two dearest friends Damon Salvatore and Elena-" She softly fake-gagged by saying her name.
"-Gilbert did for me yesterday. After you literally said, and I quote; 'You can have her.' to the two Vampires that were about to kill me. Which, of course caused a lot more trouble then just saving me when I asked you to.

Katherine scooted up and switched from looking at Damon to looking at Elena, who was already gazing with disgust at her without saying anything.
"Am I right, Elena?" Katherine said teasingly.
"That-" Damon opened his mouth, but Elena interrupted.

"You know what, Katherine? I don't know why I had even the littlest thought of saving you yesterday, when you are the one selfish bitch who'd put us into danger in the first place! And here I was, thinking that if I may save you, you would show a hint of appreciation towards us. God, what the hell was I thinking!" Elena laughed at herself.
"Elena-" Damon was about to walk up to her, Elena continued shouting.

"I almost got killed because of my stupid decision, what-! I mean, why would I be so ridiculous!?"
Her voice increased while saying the last sentence.
"Well.. It's amazing that you say this yourself, saves me the trouble saying it to you.." Katherine stood up while answering, she walked up to Damon and poured herself a drink too, she grinned teasingly.

The grin that Katherine gave.. That stupid Katherine-ish grin, Elena hated that grin, she hated Katherine, she hated everything she did, and Elena mostly hated herself for not killing her yesterday in Stefan's room when she had the chance to - Elena got sick by even thinking about Katherine, all the rage.. The rage that she was piling up in her body, it needed to come out.

Elena swiftly stood up, her eyes began to color red, the veins under her eyes began to protrude.
She super speeded up to Katherine and pinned her against the wall - Katherine's glass fell on the ground and shattered in pieces, Katherine gasped.

"Elena!" Damon shouted and super speeded to Elena, he grabbed Elena's arm, but she pushed him away - Elena's canine teeth elongated, she planted her teeth in Katherine's neck and tried suck her dry, Katherine tried to scream, but the pain was to harsh.

"Elena!"
Damon grabbed both Elena's shoulders and pulled her away from Katherine, who fell on the ground.
Elena's mouth was covered in blood, her eyes were still red and the veins under her eyes were much bigger now.
"Quit it, Elena." Damon grabbed her forearm, his voice was calm, but strict.

"You're the one who'd taught me to kill people who disgust you, so why don't you let me-!"
"Hey, I don't want to pick a fight with you right now - especially when you are all Vampire-ish." Damon held his hands next to his head in surrender.

"You are allowed to kill every other human being on the planet right now, but you're not killing her, at least not today, she isn't worth it." Damon let go of her arm and placed both his hand on Elena's cheeks, Elena's face turned back to normal.

"Why." Elena's voice sounded normal too, she sighed.
"Just- trust me." Damon kissed Elena softly on the lips, tasting Katherine's blood on her lips - he smiled, Elena smiled a dubious smile, she nodded.
"Can she at least leave.. Before I-"
"I'll make sure to dump her somewhere." Damon chuckled , walked up to Katherine and squatted down next to her - Damon healed Katherine, using his wrist.

"I'm going to take a shower." Before Damon could answer or even look into her direction she left the room.
Damon came back after a few hours, he dumped Katherine in some town he didn't even know the name of, but he knew it would be hard for Katherine to find her way back here, if she wanted to.

Damon entered his room, Elena was already sleeping with her back to the door, where he was standing.
Damon walked up to the bathroom and made himself ready for bed, he took his shirt off and dropped it next to the bed. Damon climbed into bed and turned the lights off, Elena turned herself to Damon, they made eye contact.

"You okay?" Damon knew that Elena was a little upset about the whole Katherine thing.
"Yes." Elena whispered, she buried her head against Damon's bare chest and closed her eyes.

"Goodnight, Elena."