One || Safe and Sound.

It was Saturday evening and Damon and Elena were laying on the couch, enjoying the sweet warmth of the fireplace. It was nice, being together, finally a quiet and clear night, alone. It had rained for the past days in Mystic Falls, it was nice to hear the logs on the fireplace burning without hearing any other things outside.

Damon and Elena were cuddling a bit, Damon was acting tender and charming, you usually don't expect that from Damon. Being away from all the Mystic Falls drama has made him and Elena much more comfortable around each other.

Stefan was most of the time with Caroline doing god-knows-what, Bonnie went on a little trip to visit her family and Jeremy went back to his uncle in Denver to finish his art study.

Damon attacked Elena with kisses on the back of her head. Elena released herself from Damon's warm and cosy arms.
"What has happened to the real Damon Salvatore?" She said, questioning his behavior with a little grin on her face.
"I don't know, what has happened?" Damon looked her straight in the eyes and softly stroke her hands.
"You're acting so.. Sweet and quiet." She said letting out a sweet little laugh. She gently plays with his hands.

Damon gave her a playful smile and delicately grabbed Elena's hip with his right arm, he shoved her closer to himself. Elena rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Damon turned his head into her direction and planted a small kiss on the top of her head. He rested his chin on her head, her hair smelled amazing, it smelled fresh, like some kind of fruit.

"I swear, if someone comes in and ruins this moment I am personally going to rip his heart out." Damon sat up and scooted back so he could lean on the arm rest of the couch.

Elena grinned and gave Damon a kiss on his cheeks. It felt fine, it always felt fine when she was around Damon. Damon protected her, and she protected Damon.
They spent so much evenings like this, but this one felt so much better than the thousand others. Damon and Elena were a great team together and with both being Vampires, this time could last forever. At least, that is what they are aiming for.

Damon held Elena tight in his arms while his fingers were stroking her body, softly and gentle.

"I love you.. Elena Gilbert" Elena could hear a deep and sweet voice whispering in her ear - Damon's lips were close to Elena's ear, he softly kissed the tip of it.
"I'm glad you're with me." Damon stroke Elena's cheek.
"I love you too." She said.

Elena leaned over to his face and passionately kissed him.